Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Mar 2013

White clay creek ... Trail conditions ?

Has anyone been out to White clay creek today. Looking to head out there tomorrow if the trails have dried up after all the rain yesterday. Thanks

mtbr member
    Older post, I know but given the amount of rain in the past week, I'm staying out until we've had at least 3 straight days with no rain. I know it sucks, but can't control the weather and they work to hard to keep those trails nice. Gonna hit the gym next few days and hope the weather cooperates.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I did end up going up late last Sunday and the trails were not bad at all. (Except for the big ass tree down just past the skills trail). I was looking to go back out tomorrow but looking like I will have to try again next weekend.

mtbr member
    What has the weather been like down there the past few days. I was thinking about riding down to White Clay tomorrow but wasn't sure how it would be.

When did it stop raining?

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by hankscorpio View Post
    What has the weather been like down there the past few days. I was thinking about riding down to White Clay tomorrow but wasn't sure how it would be.

When did it stop raining?
    I live in PA. But looks like Newark DE show about 5.5in of rain in the last 7 days. Was raining till about 11am today. Im going to wait till next weekend, im sure its going to be a little wet for a few days.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I live in Newark, the weather here has been nasty/wet for the past few days. Just stopped raining this morning. I'd expect the trails to be fairly wet. The sun is coming out now, and tomorrow is looking sunny as well so they could be in decent shape by Sunday (if it doesn't rain).

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Fair Hill Poker run is still on as far as I know. The Trail Spinners are generally good stewards of the trails. Saturday should be OK. Sunday definitely. White Clay and Fair Hill conditions usually track each other. I talked to a Trail Spinner who was marking the course and e said it wasn't bad today(Friday).

mtbr member
    I was thinking of hitting WC with my kids tomorrow and am worried about the CONSTANT FREAKING RAIN we've been having. Can I get some 411 up in this?

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

I rode white clay 2weeks ago after 3 days of dry weather after the last round of rain and i would say about 75% of the trails were dry but a lot of mud patches in the woods. Not sure if that helps but I'm sure it will still be wet in spots.

mtbr member
    I would imagine it needs a solid 2-3 days without rain before its ready.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I haven't been out to the trails but I can tell you that all the creeks in Newark were flooding their banks with all the rain. My parents live a couple miles from WCC and couldn't get home one night because even the roads were flooded. Don't be surprised if there is a lot of erosion and trees down. I heard that Fair Hill got hit pretty bad too.

I've been keeping an eye on the Trailspinners site but so far no updates on WCC.

mtbr member
    I
    hate
    this
    ****ing
    weather.

mtbr member
    Bueller? Bueller?

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

On trail now. It's mostly dry and perfect. A few mud puddles which will get you wet. Otherwise not bad.

Bill

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Ran into a bit more muddy holes the more I got up near pa, but nothing major. Trail is over growing with all the rain, that's for sure. Everything is wet in there, but the trail is totally doable and you arnt hurting it by riding it.
    Bill

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Anybody been there in the last few days?

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Going tommrrow, I'll let ya know
    Bill

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Just rode 2 hours there. Trails are awesome. Some overgrowth, and spiderwebs. Lol lol

Bill

mtbr member
    Anyone have a suggestion on place to get a decent lunch before a ride there? Planning to hit the brewpub after the ride.

Thanks

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by crossracer View Post
    Just rode 2 hours there. Trails are awesome. Some overgrowth, and spiderwebs. Lol lol

Bill
    Damn. I should have gone there today. I went to Brandywine and it was awful. Everything in the woods is still soaking wet, trees down everywhere, huge puddles.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Borracho View Post
    Anyone have a suggestion on place to get a decent lunch before a ride there? Planning to hit the brewpub after the ride.

Thanks
    Iron hill in Newark.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Borracho View Post

Thanks
    Up on route 7 in the Kmart shopping center is a Mexicali place called terra. Kinda like chipotle .

I like it alot

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    It rained like a MOFO yesterday. What's it going to be like tomorrow? I'm planning on riding there, but don't want to F up the trails. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I heard 2nd hand that the trails actually weren't in bad shape yesterday considering the amount of rain. It's been dry so far today so I'd expect tomorrow to be good. I think the Trailspinners were out doing some maintenance in the Middle Run area last weekend as well to deal with the mud pits. I'm going to try to hit up the Judge Morris area tomorrow evening if we don't get any surprise rain.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Trails are in great shape, get out and ride before the rains come back. I'll be out again in the Judge Morris area on Saturday morning. If you see a slow guy on a fat bike, it's probably me.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

Hey guys anyone going by white clay tomorrow (Friday). Im Looking to ride early Saturday morning and just wanted to know it the trails will be dry enough by then after tonight's storm. Any updates would be greatly appreciated as I have about 1hr 40min drive to get out there. Thanks in advance.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast