mtbr member

Cool-blue Rhythm White Clay Creek

Hey Guys (And girls)!

I will be camping at Lums Pond this weekend and I noticed that White Clay is right next door. My plan is to leave camping a little early and hit up white clay. Anyone know where the best place to park is? Anything I should know before going? Or are the trails pretty well marked? I'm really looking forward to it!

Thanks!
    Matt

Bicycle Radical
    I went to White Clay a few weeks ago and I parked at Henry's Bikes just down the road from the trails. There were plenty of other mountain bikers parked there as well so it seems to be acceptable to stay there.

Home | Henry's Bikes

If I understand correctly, to park in White Clay itself you have to pay a fee.

The trails themselves are just down Polly Drummond Road from the shop. You make a left out of the parking lot, cross the road and ride until you see some single track turn off of the the road into Middle Run Valley Park. From there, the trails are fairly well marked however I would recommend getting a map because the trail system is pretty extensive. There are all kinds of loops and turns in different directions which can get confusing if you aren't familiar with the system.

Check out the skills park. It's awesome!
    Free people must travel the road to productive social relations at the speed of a bicycle.- Ivan Illich

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    http://www.garrisonscyclery.com/docs..._map_2.1.0.pdf

That unofficial map has parking areas marked, parking fee is $3 for in state cars, $5 out of state. Many of the lots are "on your honor" that have payment envelopes so bring exact amount you need to pay. I like the Judge Morris Estate, which is only 1 loop, but you can then connect to Middle Run for more riding. Watch out for hikers, especially if you do the Judge Morris loop. Lots of good riding, the trails are very well maintained by the Delaware Trail Spinners.

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Please pay the fee. The trails are immaculately kept. It's well worth it.

mtbr member

White Clay Creek

Awesome, thanks guys! I am really excited to try out these trails. They sound like a lot of fun!

Don't worry I plan on paying. I'll probably slip in a few extra dollars. I appreciate all the hard work that goes into trail systems.

fish
    Oct 2012
    Kudos to the designers and trail maintenance crew!!!! Bankofdad guided Mtbiker64 and I through the traiks. It was a beautiful day and we covered 24 miles ending with some play time at the skills park. Our ride was worth the 3 hour trek from Hazleton. I really enjoyed the flow of the single track trails. I am looking forward to coming back to ride..Live Love Ride!!!!!
    Don't Limit your Challenges...Challenge your Limits!!!!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    The fees you pay for the Delaware State Parks don't go to help the parks in any way. The fees go into the general fund for the state. The fees you pay for Maryland State Parks, go into keeping the parks beautiful.