mtbr member

Where to ride near Wiliamsburg, VA?

Hi Guys,
    I'm going to be down near Wiliamsburg soon and was wondering if there are any trails around that you guys have ridden?
    I'll be staying just SE of William and Mary.
    Thanks!

mtbr member

York River

Check out York River State Park just west of Williamsburg on I-64 - probably 10 miles away

mtbr member
    Check out www.evma.org. On the main page scroll down and look for "TRAILS" on the left side. Clicking on the name of a trail will bring up a separate page with directions, a description of the trail, a map of the location, and a link to a trail map. If you have enought time, ride Freedom Park, York River State Park, and New Quarter Park. If you only have time for one, most people's top choice would be Freedom Park because of all the freeride stuff. Here's a link to a trail map for Freedom Park that you should be able to print out and take with you.

http://www.gpstrailsource.com/Maps.aspx?MapID=7

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    When I'm in town visiting my parents, I always hit Freedom Park and York River.

Fast, rolling singletrack. Freedom Park has a nice mix of manmade obstacles as well.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    definitley hit Freedom Park. not far from W & M campus.
    Shut up and enjoy the ride!

mtbr member
    Thanks Guys for all the responses! I was able to check out Freedom Park and had a great time riding the trails with my brother.
    I had a nice chat with one of the Park REC guys (not sure of his title). He was pretty excited about the trails they've been working on and I'd have to agree. Very nice single track and very well marked. At the trail head they had a box with a map layout of the tracks. A+ service!!
    I'll be sure to visit the trails again if I get back down there.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Members who have read this thread: 0