mtbr member
    Oct 2005

where was I? (Wilmington, DE)

I stayed at a hotel on Rocky Run Way in Wilmington, DE last weekend. When I woke up in the morning and looked out the window I saw a bunch of MTBers meeting for a ride. My dirt brethren! I was jonesing for a ride. What trail head was the hotel near? I dropped in from California the prior night and didn't realize I was in a MTB hotspot. I need to figure out how to bring a bike with me next time. Can anybody tell me where it was? I don't know the area well. I was in the Homewood Suites but there are a couple other hotels there. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Could have been Brandywine Creek State Park? I've done a lot of running in that area but never went out biking, wasn't as into MTN biking when I lived there as I am now. But I think there are a ton of trails out there, its a really nice area.

Another good place in the northern DE area is Middle Run/White Clay Creek - probably 20-30 mins away from where you were. Great singletrack and some fun skills trail stuff, check it out if get your bike out there!

Smarter Than He Looks
    You were at one of the popular drop-in spots for the Brandywine/Woodlawn trail system. Lots of great trails their and in a few other systems close by.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinker View Post
    You were at one of the popular drop-in spots for the Brandywine/Woodlawn trail system. Lots of great trails their and in a few other systems close by.
    Thanks guys. I'll look up some trail info online.

Rider and Wrench
    Quote Originally Posted by hanyu View Post
    Thanks guys. I'll look up some trail info online.
    By the way a few local shops have loners and rentals... let me know if you need a bit more info-
    I Just wish I could ride more!

Helmetless Crasher
    Yep, I often stay there when hotelling in Wilmy. Perfect for getting in a quick AM ride every day during one's stay. I just bring my dirty bike in/out via a side/back stairway and use a side/back door.
    '95 M2 StumpJumper FS
    '11 Cannondale RZ 120-two