mtbr member
    Jan 2006

West Virginia vacation

Hey guys I'm driving down from mass in a few days, I have a couple rides planned in pa along the way. But I'm thinking about a day trip, if anyof you could point me to any trail heads and or places to crash in my car that would be cool. On a side I love trails with hike-a-bikes. Thanks in advance

CrgCrkRyder
    Apr 2007
    Some parts of WV will likely be white, for sure Snowshoe and probably Canaan Valley area too. Sorry, can't help you much on trails in northern West Virginia, maybe some of the riders from that area can chime in.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Very few of the trails in the Monongahela have had any work done after the mess that Hurricane Sandy made. Unfortunately, the areas that didn't get hit so hard by Sandy (the higher elevations) currently have enough snow to ski in. Not a great time for riding in Randolph, Pocahontas, or Tucker Counties.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Southern West Virginia would be your best bet in the winter. But it may not be worth the drive for a day trip.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Where in WV are you going? I may be able to help depending on where you are going to be.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Check out our website wvcompanybicycle.com and give us a call. Charleston has great mountain biking. Lots of technical single track with plenty of steep climbs. We have maps, guides, or just free advice. Cheers & Safe travels!/