mtbr member

Walnut Creek conditions?

Looking for an update on Walnut Creek near Cville. Has it dried out from the snow on Monday? I'm heading up there tomorrow.
    2013 Stumpjumper FSR Comp 29
    2012 Giant Anthem x2

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Conditions are excellent, as I rode there yesterday and plan to again today. A few muddy spots in typical locations, but other than that conditions were far better yesterday than I anticipated. Today will be even better.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    For others thinking of hitting WC - I rode there last Saturday (before the rain on Sunday morning and whatever other weather hit the area after I left). Trail was super dry, even dusty in some spots which was remarkable considering I saw pictures of snow on the trails just a few days beforehand. Temps in the mid 50s to low 60s with sun definitely helped out. All the trails were free of blowdowns as it looked like some trail maintenance was recently performed. Great ride!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wi1trackrider View Post
    All the trails were free of blowdowns as it looked like some trail maintenance was recently performed. Great ride!
    The guys at CAMBC have a great team that really steps up and takes care of all the trails in their area. There are quite a few great rides around there because of them.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Agree on CAMBC. The trails at Walnut, Preddy, Mint, etc. seemingly are always in good shape. It also helps that the majority of riders are a solid bunch of guys too. Of course, we still have our share of weekend warriors who show up occasionally that don't know the basic rules (such as yielding to the uphill rider, etc.), along with those who ride right after a rainfall and muck up the place. But overall things are in great shape.