mtbr member

Trip to Richmond

I was in Richmond this Spring for a wedding and rode the local trails (Buttermilk, Forest Hill Park & North Bank). Very enjoyable.

I was really impressed with the number of folks riding mountain bikes around compared to almost no road bikes.

Has everyone else found Richmond to be mountain bike "centric" or was it just the particular weekend that I visited when everyone decided to break out their hardtails for a ride?

Nor'Easter Backcountry: Richmond, VA: Buttermilk and The Unpainted Two-By-Four

mtbr member
    My wife and I lived there for four years, and it's super mtb centric inside the city. We hardly ever pulled out our road bikes, but I think the roadies tend to go on the country roads in the surrounding counties. Check out pink bike - someone posted a video on the Forest Hills Park trails a few days ago. The riding scene on the James River/Forest Hills area is sick though - love it and miss it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    There are a lot of roadies in RVA as well as mountain bikers, but over the next two years there might be an increase - the UCI Road World Championships are coming to Richmond in 2015! Although I'm not at all a big road rider, this will have a lot of positive impact on the riding scene here, really looking forward to it.