mtbr member

Trails close to Devils Backbone Brewery?

I'm planning on doing a road trip down to Devils Backbone Brewery in Roseland VA, and I was hoping to get some pre-brewery riding in. Can anyone recommend some trails to hit in that general area? Thanks .

I'd rather be riding
    Sherando!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Awesome! Are there maps available of the trails at the park/lake area? Thanks again.

I'd rather be riding
    I don't know actually. A lot of folks park on cove road and then do loops from there.

there's no bread

mtbr member
    Much thanks!!!!!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    That's a great route they posted, but be prepared for a big day to do all of that. Most of those trails except for white rock gap, the jeep trail, and kennedy ridge are really slow going from the rock gardens.
    BICYCLES ARE FUN!!!!

mtbr member
    No worries, I ride Michaux State Forest in PA all the time and its super rocky. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Black_Dog_Bikes View Post
    That's a great route they posted, but be prepared for a big day to do all of that. Most of those trails except for white rock gap, the jeep trail, and kennedy ridge are really slow going from the rock gardens.
    I 2nd this. That VES race route is an epic and then some. I used to live down by Sherando and rode there quite a bit. I am now up in PA and ride a lot in Rothrock, haven't ridden Michaux yet. Sherando is a lot more back country than anything in Rothrock, with a lot more elevation. Although that race route covers essentially all the trails in Sherando they are all not really bike friendly. I've written numerous posts about riding in Sherando, I'd suggest doing a search to learn more about the area. Just offering some advice to make your first ride there an enjoyable one.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by wi1trackrider View Post
    I 2nd this. That VES race route is an epic and then some. I used to live down by Sherando and rode there quite a bit. I am now up in PA and ride a lot in Rothrock, haven't ridden Michaux yet. Sherando is a lot more back country than anything in Rothrock, with a lot more elevation. Although that race route covers essentially all the trails in Sherando they are all not really bike friendly. I've written numerous posts about riding in Sherando, I'd suggest doing a search to learn more about the area. Just offering some advice to make your first ride there an enjoyable one.
    Any still have this may they can send to me, I miss placed it thanks. NEVER mind found it in the VES site.
    XC, Road, XXC, Endurance, Mtn, All-Mtn, Cross, Gravel, just go have fun on 2 wheels!