mtbr member
    Sep 2006

Trails at Ace rafting in the new river area

Hi can anyone tell me about these trails, there is only one review in the reviews section. Are they worth spending an extra day on my gauley trip checking out? What kind of terrain? Any other info that might be of interest would also be appreciated. Thanks.

old school
    The trails vary from easy to technical. You can expect plenty of climbing, rock gardens and the occasional mound of horse poo. The trails are dryer than usual because of the lack of rain. A good time is usually had by all.
    If everybody's thinking alike, somebody isn't thinking.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Gracias

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Go on over to Summersville Lake and try out the trails there. There is one trail that goes straight out to a lookout point. Although it is a rather easy trail it flows very well and the end result is a beautiful view of the lake from cliff high up o a cliff. There are some caves there that lead to other cliffs. you can then backtrack and do other trails that ride along the cliffs at the lake. We also rode Salmon Run Trail down to the boat dock and swam in the lake to cool off. The lake has crystal clear blue water and the place is rarely crowded. Definitely worth the trip in my opinion.

BTW Songer Whitewater outfitters is a better place to go for camping and rafting. Ask for Ben as a guide and you will not be let down.

Members who have read this thread: 0