mtbr member

Trail recommenation between Gore, VA and DC

Looking for a great mtn bike trail to hit on the way home from camping. Something intermediate, simi-noob and simi-hungover friendly. I have my eye on Elizabeth furnace but that may be a bit much for some members of the group. Any thoughts or recommendations are welcome.

-Bill

mtbr member
    3rd Battle of Winchester...located...well, in Winchester, VA. It is a really nice network of trails with nothing really too difficult. A few short but steep climbs, the occasional downed tree that needs crossed, but mostly flowing single track. There is probably about 5 or 6 miles of trails.

I think there is actually more than the map shops but that gives you an idea...

http://gpstrailsource.com/Maps.aspx?MapID=61
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycle151 View Post
    Friggin' coward. Give me a red chiclet instead of debating like a man. You don't deserve your green blocks.

Tool
    The Frederick area isn't actually too far out of the way either. Gambrill State Park or Frederick Municipal Watershed.

It'll have more options for less experienced friends, but still worth a trip.

If you really need something easy, then the stuff in Montgomery County (Schaeffer, Black Hill, Little Bennett) is also between Frederick and DC.

Of course, my answer changes if you're on your way to, say, Springfield or other points south of DC.