mtbr member
    Jan 2009

Trail improvements at Fountainhead

Read it in Northern Virginia Magazine.

While you're here -- let's get these 3 bills passed! (The final push.)

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Might be nitpicking, but since the article is primarily about the black loop, it should probably be pointed out that the video is of green/blue trails...not the black loop. The features of the green/blue trails aren't really all that new considering they are about 2 years old now.

mtbr member
    I need to get down there to ride, especially since the douchebags closed Third Battle in Winchester.

mtbr member
    I think i would like to try Fountainhead, i'm a little north of B-more so it's not that far a trip. When do you think trails will be dry enough to ride? Does it get crowded on the weekends? Is the entire black trail open currently?

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by SoftballGuy View Post
    I think i would like to try Fountainhead, i'm a little north of B-more so it's not that far a trip. When do you think trails will be dry enough to ride? Does it get crowded on the weekends? Is the entire black trail open currently?
    Check the park's FB page to find out if the trails are open/closed. They are good at posting status updates. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fount...07150099413259

The green/blue trails get crowded on the weekends in the spring/summer. The black trail is never crowded, but to get to it, you need to ride the green and blue trails first. Sometimes there are races which shutdown all of the trails.

Haven't been out to FH for weeks now, so I'm not sure what the latest status is of the black trail. Here's the project's FB page: https://www.facebook.com/thefountainheadproject

'Tis but a scratch
    subscribing so I can easily find this facebook link. Looking to head down there over the next few weeks.