mtbr member

Third Battle of Winchester, glass on the trails...

I was out on the trails this weekend, not been there for a while. Lots of storm damage but mostly cleared. Anyways, some low life spread a bunch of broken glass on a couple sections of the trail. Different colors of glass too so it was like the ******bag carried it in with him and spread it out randomly. Tried to clean it up, but keep your eyes open

mtbr member
    If that happens too often, you may want to invest in some trail/game cameras.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    We have some person (or persons) who keep pulling out logs onto the trail at Accotink...these logs are around blind corners and about 1' off the ground so would potentially cause serious injuries...we've been clearing these things off the trail for months, but they don't give up.

And this is after a couple of mtbers spent a lot of time with handsaws and chainsaws clearing tons of fallen trees from the freak storm last month...so much for gratitude.

bikeboatbrewski
    That glass has been there for at least a couple years unless there is a new batch after I rode there last Friday.

mtbr member
    No, this was new glass in sections I've never seen glass before. It was all on top of the soil. Not mushed in like it's been ridden over for a couple years. I've seen "old" glass on other parts of the trails. This wasn't the same.