• 04-09-2004
    timjr21
    STOLEN: Cannondale Scalpel 800-Mint Green- From Rosslyn Metro 4/8
    :mad:

Please help. Mint Green 19" cannondale scapel 800, headshock, easton ec70 handlebar stolen from bike rack area(U lock and all) at the Rosslyn Metro-right in front of the kiosk.

This bike is easily identifyable. It has an XTR rear D, XT crankset. The color is a unique mintish green. If you see it show up at a bike shop or something please say something. I am out a lot of money and can't exactly afford a new bike.

Police really can't do much, word of mouth is my only hope....

Tim 703 675 9435
  • 04-09-2004
    TryAndStopMe
    will do
    i live right by the rosslyn metro and i'll keep an eye out for your bike. really sorry to hear about this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by timjr21

Please help. Mint Green 19" cannondale scapel 800, headshock, easton ec70 handlebar stolen from bike rack area(U lock and all) at the Rosslyn Metro-right in front of the kiosk.

This bike is easily identifyable. It has an XTR rear D, XT crankset. The color is a unique mintish green. If you see it show up at a bike shop or something please say something. I am out a lot of money and can't exactly afford a new bike.

Tim 703 675 9435

• 04-09-2004
    Drewdane
    Quote:

Tim 703 675 9435

Man, that's f-ed up! Lemme guess, the metro attendant and/or cops made it clear they couldn't care less, right? :mad:
  • 04-09-2004
    Drevil
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TryAndStopMe
    i live right by the rosslyn metro and i'll keep ...your bike.

Tim,

If I see TryAndStopMe riding a "new" Scalpel 800, I'll give you a call. ;)
  • 04-09-2004
    Drevil
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Drevil
    Tim,

If I see TryAndStopMe riding a "new" Scalpel 800, I'll give you a call. ;)

Y'know I was just kidding. I've had a couple of bikes stolen, and I had my mother's homeowner's insurance cover one of them. Check with your insurance if you have any coverage. Also, some u-locks have insurance on them, but you have to follow the rules from when you first bought the lock. Good luck!
  • 04-09-2004
    timjr21
    yeah, the were so helpful....lemme' tell you
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Drewdane
    Man, that's f-ed up! Lemme guess, the metro attendant and/or cops made it clear they couldn't care less, right? :mad:

it happened right in front of the metro attendant's kiosk. the thief obviously cut through the 1/4 " steel c-bracket. cops tried to tell me that the u-lock may have been faulty.
  • 04-09-2004
    Drewdane
    Quote:

it happened right in front of the metro attendant's kiosk. the thief obviously cut through the 1/4 " steel c-bracket. cops tried to tell me that the u-lock may have been faulty.

Sounds like a small claims court suit to me, if you want to take the time...