Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

South of Virginia Beach...

Where can you ride south of hampton roads. Always hear about nova but i hate all the traffic that way! Where is the good stuff down south?

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Check out the Trails section of this website. It provides you with State by State information. Knowledge of maps will come in handy.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    There is a place in VA Beach that I ride, there is a trail entrance behind Corporate Landing school. If you turn on DamNeck off of General Booth go to the next stop light turn right. Go all the way down turn left ( you are behind the school) there is single track back there fast and fun not real technical but there are ruts and roots. It is used mostly for quads and dirt bikes but have only seen them back there once and we let them go by and didn't see them again.

mtbr member

Sweet man. Ill be checkin that one out real soon!

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    The trail behind Corporate Landing isn't bad. It can get really wet back there. Also, First Landing State Park is a nice long ride when there isn't wind.

mtbr member

Yes first landing is a good one i go there when i dont have a lot of time since its 2 minutes from my place. I like the half by the water better than the straight section though. Is the trail behind the corporate landing school place marked or do i have to hunt for the entrance?

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by doodoobaby View Post
    Yes first landing is a good one i go there when i dont have a lot of time since its 2 minutes from my place. I like the half by the water better than the straight section though. Is the trail behind the corporate landing school place marked or do i have to hunt for the entrance?

There is a all purpose path that runs parallel to Dam Neck Road. Once it passes the football, you will see an entrance to the woods. That's the entrance. It's a very short trail, but, it's a decent trail for Va Beach.

dirtbag
    Dam Neck(Corporate Landing) was originally quad/dirt bike trails. Mostly flat and rooty. The spots close to the ditches separating the trails in the woods from the cornfields can be muddy in the low spots with some spots being unpassable if you don't want to get your bike or feet all muddy. After a couple days of rain in the summer there will be tons of mosquitos making the mudfest even more worse (unless you're into that). There are more trails north of the big old ditch on the north side towards the trailer park of Harpers Rd. Also former atv trails.

I cut my mtb teeth on these trails back in the 90s linking in the meager trails over at Redwing Park across General Booth so my info is a bit dated but I doubt much has changed there unless they built a new housing development of strip mall there.
    Amolan

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    check out the trails sponsored by this group. I am going to check out Indian River Park (aka Ipswitch) next chance I get. I ride first landing (aka seashore) too. The half by the water is more fun. If you do the straight part, time yourself and see how fast you can make it from the 64th street entrance to the trail center.

Building, Riding, and Maintaining Trails in Southeastern Virginia | Eastern Virginia Mountain Bike Association

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Ipswich is a lot of fun...and pretty easy to navigate!

mtbr member
    Apr 2013

Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by jski View Post
    Ipswich is a lot of fun...and pretty easy to navigate!
    Nice! I really want to check that place out, never been. Thinking about hitting up the group ride Wednesday at 6.

mtbr member
    Yeah, I like Ipswich too, just wish there was more elevation. I guess thats with any place around here. I too wouldnt mind catching the 6pm ride but im afraid I wouldnt be fast enought, haha

mtbr member
    Apr 2013

Group ride

Quote Originally Posted by doodoobaby View Post
    Yeah, I like Ipswich too, just wish there was more elevation. I guess thats with any place around here. I too wouldnt mind catching the 6pm ride but im afraid I wouldnt be fast enought, haha
    Its sponsored by EVMA so if you're a little slower, I doubt it's that big of a deal. Although if the rain keeps up its prolly going to be a muddy mess back there

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Hey guys, I ride out of VB and frequent Ipswich (IRP). I've been riding their for almost 20 years on and off. The group of guys keeping up with the place are doing an amazing job....give it a shot. I also frequent the Wednesday night rides and they are quite fun. The guys know the trail maze very well and really do a great job introducing, making new folks feel welcom and looking out. There are some fast guys, but plenty of chasers as well. Tell them you are new and they will indeed look after you. EVMA Southside does have a FB page as well. Come on out!

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuch View Post
    Hey guys, I ride out of VB and frequent Ipswich (IRP). I've been riding their for almost 20 years on and off. The group of guys keeping up with the place are doing an amazing job....give it a shot. I also frequent the Wednesday night rides and they are quite fun. The guys know the trail maze very well and really do a great job introducing, making new folks feel welcom and looking out. There are some fast guys, but plenty of chasers as well. Tell them you are new and they will indeed look after you. EVMA Southside does have a FB page as well. Come on out!

Nice! What you think the trail conditions will be like with the rain we had?

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    It will be fine. The park holds water well with the amount of sand in the soil. It will be ready. The trail head( there are many) that everyone meets at is the Paramount Avenue entrance in the back od the neighborhood. Treeson both side of the street. There is a trail head sign and a big "Ipswich" sign as well. Mike Mumford or mike Buff usually kinda head things up.

mtbr member
    i cant wait to meet you guys. ive been riding out in korea. still have 9 months before i get back to the states.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Went to freedom park today. That place is awesome. Want to spend more time there next time

mtbr member
    I live in Chesapeake and have been riding at Ipswich on and off for about 15 years. I'm trying to get back into riding regularly, so if anyone is looking for someone to show them around this place, just let me know.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    The area you mention is PRIVATE PROPERTY. You get caught out there and you are going to JAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by price.erik View Post
    There is a place in VA Beach that I ride, there is a trail entrance behind Corporate Landing school. If you turn on DamNeck off of General Booth go to the next stop light turn right. Go all the way down turn left ( you are behind the school) there is single track back there fast and fun not real technical but there are ruts and roots. It is used mostly for quads and dirt bikes but have only seen them back there once and we let them go by and didn't see them again.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    You are on PRIVATE PROPERTY out there. You get caught and you are going to JAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beast Mode View Post
    There is a all purpose path that runs parallel to Dam Neck Road. Once it passes the football, you will see an entrance to the woods. That's the entrance. It's a very short trail, but, it's a decent trail for Va Beach.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    This is PRIVATE PROPERTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by landowner View Post
    Not that I don't believe you but people have been riding/running back there for YEARS. Are you the landowner? Do you know the landowner? Have people been causing specific issues? I'm not sure if this is a threat or what but a little more of a detailed explanation or request would be nice so that we can understand your connection/position. Thanks.
    2014 Devinci Troy Carbon XP

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by landowner View Post
    Ok, your profile says your bike set up is "BMX". Really dude, is this a pissing match over MTB vs BMX now? I'm hoping that all of us leave your jumps alone, just like we coexist at Ipswich together just fine man. Respect from both parties goes a long way.

If you have a specific issue or someone has screwed with your builds, then man up and spit it out here bro and get it off your chest. Most of this crew you find here online are going to be respectable folks looking to preserve what we have and will show respect for anyone wanting to enjoy a day in the woods.
    2014 Devinci Troy Carbon XP

dirtbag
    Like Chuch says, I've ridden there back in the 90s through the 00s and never had any problems riding. Even saw guys on ATVs and kids from the adjoining neighborhood running around there. I've NEVER heard of anyone of them going to jail.
    Amolan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast