mtbr member
    Aug 2011

Snowshoe trail conditions report?

Thinking about going to snowshoe next week, I've ridden there a few times before and really liked it. It's a seven hour drive for me, so I called today to try and get info on the condition of the trails and find out if the new flow/jump trail was open.

I talked to two different people and never got any firm info; it was like, "um yeh, I think a few trails are closed. No I don't know if there is a new trail open" Which trails? "um, we got a lot of rain, so some are closed". etc, etc. It was like I couldn't get anyone on the phone who actually rides.

So, anybody know? Is everything open? Closed? Which trails are closed? Any new trails open? Mostly I'm interested about the Territory side. Is the lift running for the Territory Thurs-Sun?

Thanks for the help.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    C'mon now. Seventy people have checked this thread but nobody has ridden snowshoe lately? Help a brother out.

smartass
    I was just there last weekend. Only a few trails were closed: B on the Basin side, and Missing Link on the Western side. I think Hairball was closed one day and open the next. That's all I can remember anyway.

Closures reflect trail conditions due to weather, so that can change daily. Just because it's open when you call, doesn't mean it will be when you get there. Conditions change pretty quickly, and it's almost always muddy somewhere on the mountain.

The new blue flow trail wasn't open, 402 Trails was there working all weekend. Ninja Bob - Ball and Jack - Powerline is an easy enough run anyway, I don't see why they need to make an easier one.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Rode three days. The report:

Several trails were closed, but there was plenty of stuff open to make it worth the trip. like amish said, b on the basin, and a couple of other blacks. missing link and chainsmoke on the western. neither the new begginer trail nor the new blue is open. Lots of off and on rain, but they kept the lift running except for a short period of lightning.

conditions were really muddy and slick. goggles seemed like a must. very unpredictable traction, even on the blues, and of course on the roots. really fun, but you had to be loose and stay off of the brakes, and it put a lot of wear on the bike.