mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Slatyfork, next weekend (11/2-4)

Anybody planning on riding in the Slatyfork area 11/2 - 11/4. Several of us are planning on being there. Any suggestions, or interested parties?

the unvarnished nonsense
    I'd love to, I mean REALLY love to, but I can't. I'm months away from being able to place my hand on the handlebar after the rotator cuff surgery a week and a half ago. If you don't have one already, get the Slatyfork map at Elk River Touring Center. Everything on the map that isn't marked "not recommended" is good to go. Wear your orange on weeekdays and Saturday. You can pick up the cheap-o orange balze vests at Wally-Mart for $5 and they don't infringe on your movement. You're unlikely to see another person, but better safe than shot, I say. Have fun, wish I could go along for the ride.
    "Sufficient to have stood, yet free to fall."
    -John Milton, Paradise Lost

Evil Lurks

Slatyfork riding around Thanksgiving

Anyone have experience riding Slatyfork area around Thanksgiving? I'm scoping out a Fri - Sun trip just after Turkey day. Should I be taking skis or a bike? Davis, do you still have a Mav you could rent me for the day?

Dave T.

Members who have read this thread: 0