J
    ROOOOOOOO

same day service around Manassas?

If you read no further, I'd like recommendations on shops close to Manassas. I can do web research for sure, but I trust the opinion of my mtbr bred'ren. Here's the backstory:

I live in Baltimore, but keep my tandem at my brothers house in Dumfries (Manassas). It's got a bent small 7 speed chainring up front and needs either it bent back or properly replaced. I'd have him take it somewhere, but it won't fit in a car or standard rack, of course.

I basically need to get with a shop so I can make a same day service appointment, most preferably on a weekend morning. I'd rather not leave the bike because it generally takes up a lot of room and it shouldn't be that long of a procedure.

Suggestions on where is closest to Dumfries and could possibly accommodate? I'm willing to travel within a half hour, but would rather be as close as possible since it's a beast to cart around. I don't have the tools or patience to do this myself.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    No matter what, you'll have to call to make an appointment. And they'll have to get the exact size of the chainring before you get there.

Get on the phone. Take pics of your chainring. Get the # of teeth you need along with the BCD.

Good luck.

mk
    TrailWerks Cyclery
    TrailWerks Suspension Service

trailwerkssuspension.com
    trailwerkscyclery.com

J
    ROOOOOOOO
    Quote Originally Posted by trailbildr View Post
    No matter what, you'll have to call to make an appointment. And they'll have to get the exact size of the chainring before you get there.

Get on the phone. Take pics of your chainring. Get the # of teeth you need along with the BCD.

Good luck.

mk
    Yes, I'll definitely do that, but was wondering if anyone had recommendations on any shop in particular that was strong on service or turnaround. I'm not looking to just walk in on a Sat am with a tandem looking for service without a preset appointment. I dont want to get hit over the head with a pedal wrench.

J
    ROOOOOOOO
    Allright I got in touch with Danny at Bull Run, they're going to hook it up.