Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Roll call, y'all!

203K views 533 replies 374 participants last post by  Undescended 
#1 ·
Everyone else is doing it, so why don't we?

Name: ricky d
Live: College Park, MD
Usually riding: a silver singlespeed with silver fork, & white saddle
Trails most likely to see me: Wakefield, then Schaeffer, Gambrill, Watershed, Avalon, Rosaryville
Other people from this board I ride with regularly (> 2X/month): JoeP, riderX, allroy, rockdogger, DmofoT, static, yada yada
Pic: Wakefield race two summers ago
Gimme a holler if you see me on the trails!

Attachments

See less See more
#153 ·
name;travis campbell
location;waynesboro va.
fav trails; anything sherando, love slacks, and whiterock, and bald mountain trail
how often i ride; once a week on a real trail, but usually ride daily.
who i ride with; a fellow co worker mostly, or by myself
what i ride; 05 yakuza aniki
manitou sherman slider + 170mm fork
dimension front hub
race face ss evolve crankset
dmr v8 pedals
race face diablous stem and grips

#155 ·
Name: Rob
Live: Jessup, MD
Usually riding: Specialized Enduro Expert. Please don't let that lead you into any idea how I ride; I suck. But, as long as I go forward, I think I'm doin well!
Trails most likely to see me: New to the area; don't know any yet.
Other people from this board I ride with regularly: Just got to the area last month so none right now. Why? Wanna go ride? PM me!
Pic: I'm a loser and don't have one.

#157 ·
Name: Kevin
Live: Charlottesville, VA (formerly SoMD)
Usually riding: A 29" ChocoMonkey
Trails most likely to see me: Walnut Creek, Sherando, O-hill
Other people from this board I ride with regularly: Hopefully somebody soon
Pic: Killin a beer after killin the mens sport class at Big Bear in 2006.

Today is my third day as a resident of C'ville, VA. I move the rest of my family (and my bikes) down here in a few days. I'm thrilled with the quantity and quality of riding to be done in in the vicinity and am looking forward to getting pulled around some trails by some local-yocals in the near future.

Attachments

#158 ·
all about me...

Name: Mike H
Live: Manassas, VA
Usually Riding: Blue Chumba XCL or Orange Gary Fischer Xcaliber 29er
Trails Likely to see me on: Wakefield, Fountainhead, Conway Robinson, but LOVE Rosaryville and SChaffer and will be heading to Patapsco, Gambrill, and many other trails I haven't hit yet... then heading south for the winter.
Others Iride with on this board: None from this board yet. Usually alone or with the gf
Pic: First is of me and the truck, so if ya see it gimme a shout. Second is me on the Chumba, which you're more than welcome to test ride if ya want.

more about me at: www.myspace.com/rusog

#159 ·
Name: Jake
Live: Capitol Hill... DC
Usually riding: stock 05 GF Tass until I get a raise, ha
Trails most likely to see me at: Schaefer, Fountainhead
Other people from this board I ride with regularly: Just moved down recently... still looking for guys/gals in the inner-metro area that want to ride, so please PM me if you're interested.
Pic: My digital camera broke during a stay in South Africa.. imagine the luck.

#164 ·
Name: Steve
Location: Emory, VA (South-western VA) or Farnham, VA (Northern Neck) depending on the time of year
Trail you'll most likely see me on: Iron Mountain Trail
Ride: Matte black Cannondale Rush 600
Ride with: nobody on this forum

Pics to follow.

#171 · (Edited)
Pleased to meet yous

Hi people! This is officially my first post, so please consider this a formal introduction :)
I'm still a "newb", so I'm anxious to yuk it up with you folks and learn some stuff. I rediscovered cycling last spring, and I've had an amazing time outdoors since doing so...don't really see myself slowing down any unless my leg falls off or something. Heh. Anyway--
This being the mid-atlantic sort of thread, I figure I'll be spending the most time around here.

Name: Aaron (or A.P. if you like)
Live: Elkins, WV
Usually riding: silver '06 Trek 4900 disc w/ many upgrades
Trails most likely to see me: Nothing super challenging since I've only been doing this about 9 months...but I really enjoy the Camp 70 trails in Davis, Stonewall Jackson, and parts of Coopers Rock State Park. I get my daily fix on the Allegheny Highlands rail trail.
Other people from this board I ride with regularly? No one yet anyway...I ride solo since I don't have any friends on bikes...it'd be awesome to ride with a group though.
Pic: Not an "action" shot since I ride solo, but this is a misty July day in Canaan Valley, WV.

#174 ·
Name: Luke
Live: Baltimore City
Usually riding: Trek 8000 Santa Cruz Nomad on the way.
Trails most likely to see me: Patapsco / Loch Raven / Robert E Lee dirt jumps
Other people Kids from my school, teachers, people from joes bike shop, or myself

Action pic coming with the weather

#175 ·
Hey everyone. Jason here. I live in Ona WV. I am new to the sport, and can't wait to get going. When I was a teen I got into it a bit, but not much. I bought my bike in January, and can't wait to hit the trails. I will mostly ride Barboursville Park, or Beech Fork. I will probably be solo, as I don't know anyone else into biking.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.