Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Roll call, y'all!

203K views 533 replies 374 participants last post by  Undescended 
#1 ·
Everyone else is doing it, so why don't we?

Name: ricky d
Live: College Park, MD
Usually riding: a silver singlespeed with silver fork, & white saddle
Trails most likely to see me: Wakefield, then Schaeffer, Gambrill, Watershed, Avalon, Rosaryville
Other people from this board I ride with regularly (> 2X/month): JoeP, riderX, allroy, rockdogger, DmofoT, static, yada yada
Pic: Wakefield race two summers ago
Gimme a holler if you see me on the trails!

Attachments

See less See more
#127 · (Edited)
Name: nate, naj
Live: transient
Usually riding: kona stinky
Trails most likely to see me: gambrill-watershed, laurel pits, wakefield, patapsaco
Other people from this board I ride with regularly :eek:n this board... i dunno. you'll see me with anch, sj, randoms. if it gambrill, there may be some burly dog that chases us at the top of a grunt.
Pic: tahoe's "missing link" trail. '02

Attachments

#128 · (Edited)
Name: Chris Pauluk
Live: Modesto, CA
Usually riding: a cobolt blue Klein "Pauluk" Comp
Trails most likely to see me: Donno, newish to the area and mostly suburbon.. :(
Other people from this board I ride with regularly Im new here and havent met up with anyone yet.. :(
Pic: 1997, The day I got my Klein Pulse comp before I even started riding it I upgraded from an Indy C rockshox to a Judy XC fork.. ("what was I thinking" hair style and yellow shirt) :eek:

It was stolen about 3 years ago and I found another one to build up because Ive been mental ever sence it left me.. heres what it looked like before someone helped themselfs..

One week before it got stolen, I upgraded to a new black fork.. :mad:
heres the new frame im having built up currently should have it back by friday..

#129 ·
me to! i wanna play!

name: joey riddle, aka joeywv
ride: right now a gary fisher 29er hardtail and redline cross bikes.
where i ride: allehgeny trail, south haddix, shingletree all the hundreds of miles of dirt roads and atv trail. half the roads in randolph county are dirt. all over the state. hardly i place i haven't rode.
people from this forum i ride with: none. who are you people? why won't anyone ride with me. i know davis and lowcel but thats about it.

Attachments

#131 ·
Joey, was that first picture taken at the Appalachian Classic? Also, how are you liking your 29'er?

Oh yeah, I saw Davis this past weekend when I was in Marlinton for the pre-season training camp. He's just as ugly as ever, if not more so. ;)

#132 ·
joeywv said:
name: joey riddle, aka joeywv
why won't anyone ride with me. i know davis and lowcel but thats about it.
Why won't anyone ride with you? Because you're a freakin' double XC racing maniac? Perhaps? Maybe? :D

Personally, I'm just plain skeered.

#134 ·
Morgantown Represent!

Name: Don, aka Heavy D
Live: Morgantown, WV
Usually Riding: Cannondale Gemini, BMX bikes on special occasions.
Trails where you'll see me: White Park, Urban spots around town, Baker's Ridge
Other peeps from these boards: Don't know any of y'all outside of cyberspace
Pic: my bikes, the Gemini - a Standard 250trls w/ freecoaster - a Gack Cannibal cruiser

Attachments

#135 · (Edited)
Name: Duane
Live: Parkersburg, in the great State of WV
**Still Riding: '05 Giant AC nearly stock with minor modifications
Trails likely to see me on : All the trails in Mountwood Park, Kennison Mtn., most of the trails in Slatyfork area, Snowshoe, and trails in Davis / Canaan area.
Usually seen with : My son Scott, now **12, usually close behind downhill - and sometimes ahead uphill. :rolleyes:
** People from this board I've been accused of associating with: Scott24, davis, lowcel,
Chili, Capt_Phun, Hecklerboy, and crashedandburned ( at places like the Slatyfork Shuffle,
Moonrock Madness, Debauchery at Douthat and a few WVMBA Series Races ). Great bunch of
Folks no matter what Doug says.....
** Plans for 2007 : At age 52 soon, had the best year of my life on a mountain bike in 2006,
and hope to better that in 2007.

Reason for edit : ** 2006 Updates

#136 ·
Outdoornut, after seeing the your pics, I'm thinking I may have seen you and your son once on Laurel Creek (aka Rimel) here in Pocahontas County. But I could be wrong. Ever ridden that?

#137 ·
That's very possible

davis said:
Outdoornut, after seeing the your pics, I'm thinking I may have seen you and your son once on Laurel Creek (aka Rimel) here in Pocahontas County. But I could be wrong. Ever ridden that?
We rode there last year in June for the first time, while camping at Watoga. There were a few trees down due to a pretty good storm a few weeks before. Was pretty nice except for the run in I had with a hiker who had two big a$$ dogs running free. One of them charged us and I came real close to busting a cap on the one as it got close. Didn't take long for his owner to call him back when he saw me draw my .45 and start taking aim.
Didn't know I could get that thing out of my pack so quick. We had a few words, he decided to put them on a leash instead of burrying one and went on our way. I remember passing a few other bikes that day. We didn't go back last year but I plan on hitting that one again this year. I've read that they are trying to clean it up some.

If it was us you may have been able to tell from my Sons bike easier. Haven't seen many around. He rides a Scott Racing 24 I just got him in June last year. He really likes that thing. It is so light he can usually leave me on many of the climbs.

Maybe we'll see ya over there this summer. We've already got a few weeks vacation planned over that way. Usually do vacations around Marlinton because it is so far to drive. We save the Davis / Canaan area for those one day or weekend trips. Both areas are well worth the drive.

I've talked two guys from work into getting back into mountain biking so I hope to drag their butts over there and show them why I'm over there so much. I've never done all the trails at Tea Creek but now that Scott is getting better on the technical sections our plans are to do them all this year. He handled Snowshoe very well last July so it's time.

#138 ·
Name: Russell
Live: Crofton
Usually riding: blue Trek Road bike
Trails most likely to see me: Don't do Trails too much, but I am looking for some same roads/parks
Other people from this board I ride with regularly: New to the board
Pic: I will have to get one up and edit this

Anyone else in crofton?

#139 ·
GusTopher, I grew up in 'noke town and went to high school there. I've been living up in Charlottesville for about 5 years and recently bought a home in Waynesboro, VA. so I'm not too far away. The Cove was my stomping ground for many years and I miss it alot. I'd love to get up and ride there with you sometime if you are down. It's also been about 6 or 7 years since I rode at the explorer park, what is t like these days?

I don't think I've done this yet so I'll throw my info down....

Name: Rich
Ride: '05 Ellsworth Distance
Favorite riding spots: Sherando/Big levels, Reddish Knob area, Walnut Creek/O-Hill, Douthat, Pisgah.

I'll add a picture later :)

#140 ·
Name: Saba
Live: NW Wash DC, Palisades, along the mighty river
Usually riding: Yeti 575
Trails most likely to see me: Schaffer, Rosaryville, Greenbrier, C&O
Other people from this board I ride with regularly: Hoping to hook up soon with the Germantown cycle gang

#141 ·
Sayn Hey

Name: Ryan Keaton
Live:Winchester Va 9 more months then back to Barboursville WV
Ride: Specailized Hard Rock sport '06
I can be seen:Any trail from Elizabeth furnace to the River trail at Barboursville park
I dont know to many peps from this area so dont ride with anyone.

#142 ·
My name is Joe I ride in the Shenandoah valley Im 40 and I have been riding for about 20 something years . Started with bmx as a teen and went to freestyle then mtb's. I just picked up my first single speed and its a 29er and I'm loving it. I dont think I have ridden with anyone on here but I'm sure weve been at the same race at one time or another.If your ever in the valley look me up and will go ride there is some great stuff here to ride. Home of the hooha and shenandoah mtn 100....

Attachments

#147 ·
Name: Tim
Live: new lexington Ohio but am in Bradly Wv alot
Always Riding: either a '01 Kona stuff or somethign converted to ride road
Trails likely to see me on :in Ohio i ride with these guys www.spokejunkies.com, still searching for a trail in WV
Usually seen with :haven't found riding buddies yet in Wv

will post pics at a later date

#148 ·
Name: Troy
Live: Mt. Airy, MD
Usually riding: '05 Giant Reign 2, '04 Marin Bobcat hardtail
Trails most likely to see me: Lower Magruder/Seneca Greenway, Schaeffer, HMC, Black Hills, Little Benny
Other people from this board I ride with regularly (> 2X/month): I think I rode with Saxman last week at HMC/Black Hills, but I've no clue who he is
Pic: No decent mtb pix of me to post

#149 ·
Name: Erich (aka: BlueDog)
Live: Lovettsville, VA
Usually riding: 2006 Trek 6500
Trails most likely to see me: C&O Path, Gambrill ans Shaffer soon
Other people from this board I ride with regularly (> 2X/month): None... yet!

n00b rider anxious to learn how to ride XC ans singletracks well. Still trying to figure out where to ride, but I do have access to a private trail that's about 4 miles and pretty challenging. Looking forward to modding the bike and exploring other nearby trails. Just hit me up anytime, would love to go riding in the area.

In the process of trying to build my own small course on my property. Have the paths, just need to build some jumps and stuff. Anyone want to check it out and give me advice, you're more than welcome!

#150 ·
Name: JH
Live: Wilmington, DE
Usually riding: 2006 Ventana
Trails most likely to see me: Brandywine/Middle Run/Fair Hills
Other people from this board I ride with regularly: Blaze-Aries14

Are there any Tue night Rides at Middle run or Brandywine...there is a good one on Mondays I know.

#151 ·
Name: Tim
Live: Baltimore City
Usually riding: Yellow '01 Specialized Stumpjumper M2
Trails most likely to see me: Riding anchor at Patapsco / Loch Raven / Robert E Lee back in the day
Other people from this board I ride with regularly: ex-Princeton Sports mechanic & balding co-workers

Thanks to whoever gave me a new tube last week near Heartrate @ Patapsco. I carry a spare on me now just in case!

Looking for any other trails to ride, but so far prefer Patapsco.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.