Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
    the unvarnished nonsense
    Quote Originally Posted by gedmunds
    by way of Cork, Ireland...
    My grandfather came over from Cork County. I've always wanted to see the four fields for myself. Someday.

You should come over to WV for the 2005 Slatyfork Shuffle. The riding is fantastic, the people are a hoot, and the moonshine whisky will make you forget anything else.

Erin go braless.
    "Sufficient to have stood, yet free to fall."
    -John Milton, Paradise Lost

Bald and crap since 1973.
    Quote Originally Posted by davis
    My grandfather came over from Cork County. I've always wanted to see the four fields for myself. Someday.

You should come over to WV for the 2005 Slatyfork Shuffle. The riding is fantastic, the people are a hoot, and the moonshine whisky will make you forget anything else.

Erin go braless.
    Howyeh Davis. I'd heartily recommend a trip for anyone on here. Aer (Cunny) Lingus are flying out of BWI into Shannon, and great deals can be had. Once there, staying in B&Bs is the only way to go. Much better than the hotels, cheaper too, and you get a savage feed of food in the morning - just right for mopping up the alcohol from the night before. Alright, my work for the Irish tourism board is over now.

As to the invite, thanks a million, I might take you up on that, depending on when it goes down. As I mentioned, I'm a total newbie though, so hopefully by the time it swings around I'd be able to keep up with all ye mad sorts. I'd avoid that corn stuff though - whiskey of any sort makes me all sorts of violent! And I'm like the Hulk - you wouldn't like me when I'm angry...

(Well, like the Hulk, if the Hulk was short, pale, had a shaved head, was a bit overweight, and not really that muscular.)

Whatever! Just crash it!
    Would love to come across a group willing to take me under their wings and show me the ropes.
    Hey Gaz. Welcome.

I'm not sure if you want to be taken under the wing of some of us in the MORE group. We tend not to bathe that often and our underwings can be a source of infectious disease.

That said, it would be great to have you join in on some of our rides. This time of year is a little tough because the trails that are great for beginners are the same ones that get really muddy when wet. Conversely the trails that are rocky and in good shape to ride at this time of year are the ones that most folks just starting out ought not to be riding yet.

As the trails either dry out or freeze solid, you'll see more rides oriented towards beginners on easier trails in the area.

There are also a few of us that teach introductory clinics for new mountain bikers. My schedule was too unpredictable this last year for me to teach any of them, but my buddies Tom and Scott did get out and teach many groups this year. The MORE site will have info on that as we get closer to spring.

Again, welcome. We look forward to seeing you on the trails.

Peter
    If a man talks dirty to a woman, it's sexual harassment. If a woman talks dirty to a man, it's $3.95 per minute.

Bike Wrench Blog ** Unfortunate Series of Events

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewdane
    Name: Drew;
    Live: Falls Church, VA;
    Usually riding: Gold & Silver Marin Hardtail;
    Trails most likely to see me: Accotink (Schaeffer or Fountainhead when I can sneak away for long enough);
    Other people from this board I ride with regularly (> 2X/month): I usually ride solo, but have met a few of y'all;
    Pic: I'm too sexy for my stale one-liners...

Is it just me, or does everybody see a little red "X" where my photo once was? Any ideas what went wrong and how I can fix it?

Peter, yeah - is the Wakefield ride on tonight? Although crap... I need lights.

Finally nailed down the new bike. 04 Marin Rift Zone frame, Rock Shox Psylo, Full XT drivetrain and crankset, and lots of WTB goodies. Custom built by the nice chaps at WTB in San Francisco. (So now you sort of get a photo.)

Name: Gaz
    Live: Falls Church, VA, by way of Cork, Ireland...
    Usually riding: Black Trek Hardtail, soon to be dumped in favour of a Yeti or Cannondale in a month or so... hey, anyone wanna buy a black Trek hardtail?!?!?
    Trails most likely to see me: Not many so far, just starting. W&OD, Burke Lake, that's 'bout it for now.
    Other people from this board I ride with regularly (> 2X/month): Nobody yet. WHAT PART OF JUST STARTING DID YE NOT UNDERSTAND?!?!
    Pic: You must be joking!!

Folks - I'm a total newbie to the sport, but am discovering that I love it. Would love to come across a group willing to take me under their wings and show me the ropes. In exchange, I can offer hours of witty banter, a charming accent that's fantastic for picking up women (and the ability to use it for pure evil, mwahaha) and the guy in the group who'll make you feel better about yourself no matter what your skill level is ('cause you'll still be better'n me!)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gedmunds; 01-13-2005 at 10:06 PM.

I need a new name
    Jun 2004
    Name: Andy
    Live: Wise
    Usually riding: Jamis Dakar Sport
    Trails most likely to see me: Warrior's Path, Bays Mtn
    Other people from this board I ride with regularly (> 2X/month): None that I know of
    Pic: none that I know of

Tool

Does anyone read this thread anymore?

Late's almost as bad as never.

Name: Kevin
    Live: Washington, DC
    Rides: A black full rigid. No-name AL frame with a big ol' Surly fork. Has more gears than I know how to use.
    Trails I ride: Almost everything at least once. I keep going back to Watershed, Seneca, Black Hill, Fairland, Schaeffer.
    Other People From This Board I Ride With Regularly: None, but I know I've ridden with drevil a couple times on group rides. I only know that because of his bikes, though. I've ridden with TryAndStopMe once, too. Who knows who else I've seen on the trails.
    Pic: The only carnage from my California vacation last summer, I managed to crash going uphill. The only riding photo that exists of me features my wrong end, which most people see only briefly before passing me.

hand me the dice

Yo Kevin!

whats up man, good to see you're still rockin' and rolling. had fun riding with you back in November. we'll have to meet up again sometime soon once this crummy weather clears up.

here's my blog write up of our ride that you can check out if ya like:

http://www.1x8ofhate.com/index.php?p=54

your pal,
    chance
    "pain is only a pulse...if you just stop feeling it"

Tool
    Nice blog. I'll try to keep up. I remember that ride more because I was sick than anything else. I've never felt that gassed on that climb. I tried it again a couple weeks ago on a MORE ride, and was too weak to do it after 3 weeks off the bike.

DiscoCowboy

Allroy Joins The Fun

Name: Stoner
    Live: Potomac MD
    Usually riding: Monkey or Cross-Check
    Trails most likely to see me: Avalon, Wakefield, Shed
    Other people from this board I ride with regularly: Outlaw, Drevil, Joe P, DmofoT, Jay, eelpie Ken, Kevin, and the boys over on DCStreet.

Caution: Freerider
    Mar 2005

i'm new

Name: Bunty
    Live: Rockville, MD
    Usually riding: Giant iguana disc
    Trails most likely to see me: DC Hiker/Biker trail but i never went all the way to DC, only about 8 miles down from Lake Needwood
    Other people from this board I ride with regularly (> 2X/month): I'm new and i dont know anyone... and most of you seem like over 20 or something and my mom would freak and think you all are pedophiles (she's just like that). if any of you are my age then msg me then maybe we'll right sometime.
    Pics: no recent
    AIM: bsr35802
    Who said more is better? Two wheels are better than four!

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Name: Chad
    Ride: 2004 Kona Dawnmatic
    Usually Ride: Shaeffer, watershed, snowshoe, brush mountain

Evil, apparently
    Name: Dre (All apologies to drevil-I didn't try to bogart your name!)
    Live: Woodbridge, VA (But originally from exit 13, Joisey)
    Usually riding: Cannondale F600 (well, usually crashing)
    Trails most likely to see me: Fountainhead, Accostink, Quantico
    Other people from this board I ride with regularly: fastasaturtle (don't let the name fool ya)
    Pic:
    "Oh, people can come up with statistics to prove anything, Kent. 14% of people know that."-Homer J. Simpson

"It's called cyber courage,a sad pathetic disease...."-T3

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewdane
    Is it just me, or does everybody see a little red "X" where my photo once was? Any ideas what went wrong and how I can fix it?
    Alright, here's a new pic, 'cuz I'm so vain...

mtbr member

Clay

Name: Clay
    Trails: Schaffer or secret illegal trails in the city.
    Bike: 03 Giant AC2

I'm just getting into the whole freeride thing. . . contemplating racing a little dh this season. . . we'll see how the riding comes along this spring.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Name: Johnnie
    Live: South Boston, VA
    Ride: Kona Hoss Dee-Lux
    Trail most likely to see me: Angler's Ridge in Danville, VA

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Hello Again!!

Name: Joe R
    Live: Alexandria, VA
    Usually riding: Haven't been lately but if I am I'm usually on a Orange Superlight
    Trails most likely to see me: None recently but Wakefield, then Fountainhead or Schaeffer

Things are finally settling down with the new job so I should be able to start coming out again!! Hope to see you on the trails soon!!

Cheers
    Joe R

Whatever! Just crash it!
    Quote Originally Posted by biker10
    Name: Joe R
    Live: Alexandria, VA
    Usually riding: Haven't been lately but if I am I'm usually on a Orange Superlight
    Trails most likely to see me: None recently but Wakefield, then Fountainhead or Schaeffer

Things are finally settling down with the new job so I should be able to start coming out again!! Hope to see you on the trails soon!!

Cheers
    Joe R
    Hey Joe. Welcome back. I know its not much fun to be off. We'll see you out there.

Peter
    If a man talks dirty to a woman, it's sexual harassment. If a woman talks dirty to a man, it's $3.95 per minute.

Bike Wrench Blog ** Unfortunate Series of Events

mtbr member
    JOEEE, can't wait to ride with you again...

good to see you back!

mtbr member

... and if we just ...

Name: Rob
    Live at: Arbutus, MD. South west Balto. Co. area.( near UMBC).
    Usually riding: Giant NRS1 03 model, Yeti 575, and building a single speed out of an old Trek ZX6500 hardtail.
    Trails I ride: Avalon, Loch Raven, Gambrills-Shed, Greenbriar, ect..
    Others I ride with: John H., Dewayne B., group rides with MORE

mtbr member

No cool pics yet, but...

Name: Todd AKA "Turtle"
    Live: Southern MD
    Usually riding: Truth
    Trails most likely to see me: Wakefield, Fountainhead, Rosaryville, or Patapsco
    Other people from this board I ride with regularly: Drevelo66

Dre and I try to ride a couple times a week in the mornings ( 8am or so ), if any of you guys can make it.
    ...the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong...Ecc9:11

mtbr member
    Greg Bletzacker...13 yrs old..14 on april 15
    Manassas VA
    i ride a 04 Ellsworth Joker and a azonic ds-1
    i ride fountain head trail alot...and many trail around the world like moab arizona whistler...i do mainly freeride/downhill
    Here is 2 pics of me in my backyard and mu urban hardtail i ride around..

We want... a shrubbery!
    Danny Kane
    Mineral/ Charlottesville, VA
    Riding my sweet new customized Epic!
    Put me on any trail... it really doesn't matter...
    Don't know anyone to ride with on this board.
    Up for rides if you're in the central VA/Charlottesville area, and currently looking to make a team for 24 hours of Big Bear...

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Name: Marc
    Live: Virginia Beach, VA
    Work: Bethesda, MD
    Usually riding: Gary Fisher Paragon
    Trails most likely to see me: Schaeffer Farms in MD or Freedom Park in VA
    Other people from this board I ride with regularly (> 2X/month): Me, myself and I
    Bio: Grew up in Western PA and started riding mountain bikes in '84. Because of my job I travel a lot during the week so I don't get to race much any more and any riding I get to do is a real treat!

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast