Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Roll call, y'all!

203K views 533 replies 374 participants last post by  Undescended 
#1 ·
Everyone else is doing it, so why don't we?

Name: ricky d
Live: College Park, MD
Usually riding: a silver singlespeed with silver fork, & white saddle
Trails most likely to see me: Wakefield, then Schaeffer, Gambrill, Watershed, Avalon, Rosaryville
Other people from this board I ride with regularly (> 2X/month): JoeP, riderX, allroy, rockdogger, DmofoT, static, yada yada
Pic: Wakefield race two summers ago
Gimme a holler if you see me on the trails!

Attachments

See less See more
#524 ·
Name: Mikey
Live: Capon Bridge, WV
Usually riding: Cannondale Caffeine 26" HT
Trails most likely to see me: I DON'T KNOW, HELP!

Re-upping from my post above. Recently moved to the Winchester area, and having a heck of a time sorting and figuring out where to ride that is under 45min-hr away from my new home. I guess I'm spoiled by previously having KSF and Fayetville, in my back yard. I found sherando park, but looking for good flowy single track or techy stuff in my area. If anyone can direct me to more nearby options, or is in my area hit me up; I will provide a beer for guidance of course.

#527 ·
Welcome to Virginia.

I'm also from Chattanooga. I built the single track out at the Henson Gap Hang Gliding Site. You are going to miss Raccoon Mt and the single track on Lookout.

I'd start with finding Fountainhead Park off 123 South of Fairfax. Sweet riding there.
As you get settled in head West to Elisabeth Furnace near Front Royal. Shenandoah is a few hours out. And Weekends in Harrisonburg are well worth it. The 81 corridor is Great. Ya got to hit Blacksburg and the Cove in Roanoke. The riding in Fredericksburg is worth checking out because of the great group of guys there.

Evening traffic is a bear everywhere up there. So, after work rides are tricky unless you are on greenways. Bikes on the bike trail can go faster than cars on the George Washington Parkway.

Good Luck

#528 ·
Name: Andy V
Live: Waynesboro and Lyjnchburg Va
Riding: a 2002 Trek 4300 Alpha
Trails most likely to see me: Blackwater/Riverwalk in Lynchburg, Ridgeview Park Waynesboro and Waynesboro Greenway Trail.
I live in Waynesboro during the week and Lynchburg on the weekends

I am a beginner been riding to a few months to lose weight but having a damn blast riding trails and road. When I started riding I was 300lbs now down to 278lbs. Looking for people to ride with at my level. Trying to get a group started on facebook for people to meet and ride with.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1743874975878621/

#531 ·
Name: David
Live: Newark, DE
Usually riding: No bike yet (I guess if I have to answer this it would be my Triumph Speed Triple)
Trails most likely to see me: White Clay Creek, Iron Hill Park, Fair Hill, etc.

I'm currently in the market for my first official mountain bike. I've ridden the local trails when I was younger on borrowed bikes. Looking forward to continuing my research and hopefully a bike purchase soon!!

#533 ·
Check out MVD Mountainbikers on Meetup and Facebook...We have Tuesday and Thursday evening rides at Fairland. I was replying to thread on 1st page...didn't realize I'd be at the bottom. feel free to delete this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.