Will travel to ride!
    Sep 2011

Riding delay - Sandy to flog Tidewater

Storm's brewing! This seems to happen every year in Hampton Roads... the trails are in great condition and the weather is just right... then WHAM!!! Big storm - washed out trails, downed everything, and the local trails are closed for a month per the local mtb association. Sucks! I, for one, will be ready to ride as soon as possible! I love my bike. I love to ride. Rant over.
    Tidewater is home, Eagle Rock is base camp. I love mid-Atlantic/Appalachia riding!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Right now if the storm follows it current path it looks like the majority of trails in the region are going to have some washout and trees down. Shame too I rode Fair Hill this morning and the trails were in great shape as well.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Volunteer

Quote Originally Posted by BikePSU View Post
    Storm's brewing! This seems to happen every year in Hampton Roads... the trails are in great condition and the weather is just right... then WHAM!!! Big storm - washed out trails, downed everything, and the local trails are closed for a month per the local mtb association. Sucks! I, for one, will be ready to ride as soon as possible! I love my bike. I love to ride. Rant over.
    You can always spend some post storm time helping clear the trails with said local mtb association.

Will travel to ride!
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by sam-eye-am View Post
    You can always spend some post storm time helping clear the trails with said local mtb association.
    Dad? I know.
    Tidewater is home, Eagle Rock is base camp. I love mid-Atlantic/Appalachia riding!

Will travel to ride!
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mp187regs View Post
    Right now if the storm follows it current path it looks like the majority of trails in the region are going to have some washout and trees down. Shame too I rode Fair Hill this morning and the trails were in great shape as well.
    Once everything's back in order, the rides will be that much better... the anticipation build up will make it so.

Maybe that ridiculous July storm that rolled through mid-Atlantic did most of the pruning and the debris/downed trees won't be as bad.