mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Smile riders in or near the 757 area (hampton roads va)

So i live in williamsburg Va and love my local trails and was looking to meet up with some other mtb people who wana ride. Group riding is always fun. So if any one is in newport news, williamsburg or any were near that or who wants to meet at a trail in the area for a couple hours of trail riding im game. I normally go biking with one or two friends but i find it more fun when you have a group of people biking.

mtbr member
    EVMA has group rides on Saturday and Sunday mornings with the locations rotating montly. The July ride schedule is Saturdays 9 am @ Freedom Park and Sundays 9 am @ Wahrani Nature Trail then Upper County Park. There is also a Ladies' ride at New Quarter Park Tuesday evenings at 5:30 pm. If the group rides don't fit with your schedule, you can try posting on the CCVA forum in the EVMA section:

http://cyclingcentralva.org/forums/i...p?showforum=58

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    oquin,
    How long have you lived in the Tidewater area? The EVMA is a great source for group rides, the opportunity to voluntereer for trail work and even discounts at local shops. I know that we have a somewhat transient population with the armed forces in our area. Anyone new to the area would have to visit a bike shop for parts or service. I am beginning to think that the LBS are doing a poor job of passing along the EVMA info.
    If this is completely off base let me know.

mtbr member
    I can't comment on the Southside, but the Peninsula LBS's do a great job.