Howdy,

I just moved to Maryland from Tennessee and I'd love to meet some other cyclists (roadies, mountain bikers, casual cyclists, whatever) in the area. Is anyone in/around the Laurel, MD area who might be interested in meeting up and riding over to Savage Mill (it's only a couple miles on primarily bike-friendly roads) to hit up the Rams Head Tavern sometime? They have a bike rack!

A little bit about me... (AKA: I promise, I'm not a serial killer, please come hang out with me.)
I'm 24, married, and I am taking a stab at the "car-free" lifestyle to save money, get exercise, and because it funner to ride a bike than sit in a car in traffic. I have a hard tail mountain bike [Felt Q720] that I'm not especially proficient at riding off road. I also ride a commuter/hybrid bike [Raleigh Detour Deluxe] with all the bells and whistles (dynamo lighting system, rack, fenders). Finally I have a transgendered fixed gear [Motobecane Messenger] that sometimes runs as a tarck bike with bullhorns and a fixed gear drive train and other times (currently) runs with a SRAM 7 speed internal gear hub and drop bars.

My wife and I moved here because she completed her masters degree and got a job in Beltsville. So far I'm really liking the area but I'd love to meet some other cyclists.

Pedal on,
-Ryan