mtbr member

New question here. Richmond VA - any places to rent a mountain bike from? Other ?s about area

Hey guys,
    I will be heading out to RVA in mid may for 1 week for work. Any reputable places to rent a bike from to hit local trails? What type of riding is out there?
    Side question,
    any great craft breweries and/or distilleries within 45min of downtown RVA?
    Great places to eat?
    Whats the weather going to be like?
    More info on the area the better. Thanks guys.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I'm not sure who rents bikes around here these days, but tons of great trails and more breweries than you can shake a stick at. Seriously, look up breweries in Scotts Addition Richmond, VA. You can hit up like 5-6 just right there in like a 4 block radius. Tons more within 10 minutes driving. For my recent birthday we went to 10 different breweries locally to taste 40 different beers and we still weren't even near visiting all of them locally.

For trails look up the JRPS(James River Park System). Comprises the North Bank, Buttermilk, and Forest Hill Park trails right in Downtown Richmond following the river. If you want to drive about 20 minutes south you can hit up Pocahontas state park with about 30 miles of just single track trails and god knows how many in fire roads.

RVAMORE is a good place also: Trails - rvaMORE Site

Weather is anybody's guess. Unless it rains you will probably be fine temperature wise(leaning more to the hotter side though)

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    ^^what he said. There are enough trails and breweries to keep you busy in your down time.

As far as rentals, I don't have any first-hand knowledge, but check with Riverside Outfitters (Rentals | Riverside Outfitters). Also, not sure if they rent, but check with Coqui Cyclery (https://coquicyclery.com/) to see if they can make a recommendation.
    Am I all zipped up?

Escaping the Dreary Confines

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    If you have a full day to commit to riding. You could head west.
    Stop at Blue Ridge Cyclery in Charlottesville and rent a demo (They have Trek and Pivot for sure maybe others). Then continue on over to the GW for some big mountain riding..
    Lots of breweries over this way too.

mtbr member
    thanks everyone, unfortunately my trip had to be reduced due to family stuff but still stayed mon-sat in richmond. Not enough time with work to get in a ride, however definitely participated in the beer scene.
    I hit up Triple crossings, garden grove, champion taproom, ardent, veil, and hardywood.
    All these places were great overall with my favorite probably being triple crossings and hardywood. Hardywood was probably my favorite as they took me around both buildings and poured me a bunch of beer. Great people and a great beer scene.