Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Bicycle rider

Race in Patapsco 3/28/09 - AFC Sugar Hill XC

I came across this last night. No course details yet on bikereg but here is the link. I have an idea of the course because I rode the proposed course with the organizers. Anyone know what the final route will be? Def have to do this one! Limited to 100 people so sign up early. Who is in?

http://www.bikereg.com/events/register.asp?eventid=7575
    Last edited by ExigeS; 01-15-2009 at 03:19 PM.

mtbr member
    It's on the 28th, not the 8th.

I'm very likely to be in on this.

Bicycle rider
    Quote Originally Posted by eujinc
    It's on the 28th, not the 8th.

I'm very likely to be in on this.
    Thanks, I fixed it

mtbr member
    Thank goodness it's for a cause...did you look at the class catagories...whew....tough competition...the entire age span...you go guys, I'll be your fan club again, (and yes the beer cooler handler too)...

Ed

Unit 91
    This is going to be a great race and it goes towards a great cause! It's a shame Patapsco only allows 100 people max to race because it sure is a nice venue. The Adventures for the Cure guys are super cool, make sure to check out their website. www.adventuresforthecure.com and check out their video.
    Bikes

ISO Perpetual FLOW
    The course is a little different.....but it's basically the route we did on the "Organized" ride. The last part/s of the loop are what might change from our ride that day. Adam and Blair (the Cure guys) are very good people with a great reason to have a race. Please come out and do their race....it's one of the few chances you have to race at Patapsco and it's for a great cause. It is part of the M.A.S.S. race series, but with the limitations on the racers it will not be scored for the overall points chase in that series. Not sure why the "Park" held the entries to such a small number, they used to have races there all the time in the late nineties. Hopefully this race will change their minds and bring racing back to Patapsco

Masher
    I assume I should enter the beginner category, considering it will be my first MTB race?

mtbr member
    Mister C you riding it in SS?

Masher
    I wanted to. Thinking I should race the SS category?

I can't help but feel pretty intimidated considering what I'll likely be up against.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterC
    I wanted to. Thinking I should race the SS category?

I can't help but feel pretty intimidated considering what I'll likely be up against.
    my thoughts exactly.

mtbr member
    Yeah if you've never raced SS class, it is extremely competitive...most of the time the "top" times for a race come out of the SS class...you'd be fine riding your SS in the Beg. group (actually have a little advantage) SS does really well in racing...then after a few under your belt jump on up with the "gang"..your pretty strong with it considering thats pretty much all you ride (even your Cannondale)...
    My first Sport race was with my SS last year in the "Sport SS" class...OMG...when the horn went off I think I was the only guy at the line....all the other SSer's were 100' feet away sprinting...came in next to last that day out of 20+ in the group...It was a very humbling 3-4 months of racing...but I did get pretty strong...by the end of their season (left CA with still 4 races left) I finished up 6th overall out of 20+...
    Your call...keep in mind though "DO IT FOR THE FUN" then it'll all be okay anyway you do it...

Masher
    yeah, thats the attitude i took with cross and the real fun was improving my finishes. considering it was my first season it was fun to see myself pass people whose wheel i was glued to a month earlier.

besides, cross is full of sandbaggers anyway

I'll give the SS category a go after a few under my belt. beginner will be fun and, my first race, I'll really just be racing myself out there.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Do you know which trails will be part of the loop during this race? I was looking to enter maybe.

Bicycle rider
    Quote Originally Posted by tcapri87
    Do you know which trails will be part of the loop during this race? I was looking to enter maybe.
    The course/trails are now on bikereg.com. I just signed up.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009

mtbr member
    Just signed up.

Smitty & Craker, you guys should do it (gotta represent ) . Jason, Marshall & I are already signed up.

mtbr member
    Just make sure Jason doesn't "sandbag", he's done his duty and did his first race to see how he stands...well Jason....whatda say Buddy...Sport Quality Racer now.... ROFLMAO....
    Eujinc, I heard Weatherman had signed up...

My Bad I just looked at the confirmed rider list...JASON BEGINNER????? Come on your a Sport....

Okay, I just registered...(don't tell my Doctor) and I'll take it easy and JUST have fun...but I gotta do it...

Training starts NOW!!!!!

Sweeper
    I am signed up!!!! Got to get my feet wet!!!

Ed!!! You ROCK!!!!!!!! I was going to call you and tell you to sign up and just take it easy!! We know the course like the back of our hands and I think you will do fine at a slow pace even!!!!! You read my mind!!!!

We need to get Cracker and Sander to come join the fun!!!!

Masher
    You will learn a lot fast. Like the start is everything.

Sweeper
    Almost half full! Cracker! Sander!! Sign up! Will be a blast!!!

mtbr member
    MisterC...Jeremy Bishop (pro for Trek/VW) told me that within the first 5 that get off the start one in that group of 5 is always the winner...out of all the races last year I was in he was right, I mentioned that to you guys right before your start and look what happened. ..

Yeah, I couldn't take it watching all you guys sign-up...but come on guys..."Beginner"...come on your all faster/better than that...ya got skill, ya ride Patapsco ALL the time, and your all certainly young enough and healthy enough...give yourself not only a challenge BUT much more bang for your $30 bucks...
    Besides, don't let all those strangers spank my ass, I'd much rather get beat by someone I know...

mtbr member
    Yeah you guys, at least 2 of you, better sign up for sport and leave me a chance back in beg! lol

Hopefully I'll be able to get down for this one.
    "My Fat Hurts." - Me

Bicycle rider
    Ed - I will jump up to sport with you. Let me send a note to Patrick.

Wood - let us know when you want to come down and ride Patapsco before the race, we will show you around.

Smitty - why don't i see you signed up? Are you under an Alias?

Sweeper
    I am signed up. It shows for me. ??

mtbr member
    Good man Jason...I will be honored and humbled to be beat by someone I know and ride with...thanks Bro...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast