mtbr member

PVC/MORE Workday at Wakefield 4/10/04

There was a kinda last minute workday that snuck in for this Saturday at Wakefield. This will be a joint PVC/MORE event. We will be working on the start area of the W@W race series to minimize user conflict during the race. The work should be pretty easy "rake and ride" type of stuff with some bench cutting on soft dirt. Thanks!

Joe P

mtbr member

Bonking ... not feelin' well sorry about that

Sorry for the mulitple posts. My patience is much shorter than my browser's response time. Is there any way to delete the extra spam?

mtbr member

20 Q's

Did they drop some more gravel near the starting area??? That would go a long way to help. Also the the double track on the right side of the "Y" (closer to 495) is pretty rutted and could use some attention or gravel. Who do we notify to pick up the trash that was collect along side the trail by the boyscouts on the last trail day?

What time were you thinking of starting? I was planning on going to gambril but could help in the morning. If it stays nice this evening I might head over there to work on a couple of sections and a ride if it is dry enough.

-------
    Dammit I just need to hit refresh a couple of times when it says "Server Busy"
    jk

mtbr member

20 A

There are gravel piles near the start area that we could use. I will email the park manager later about those pesky scouts . Start time is at 9AM. If you're going there tonight and wanna do some raking, the "new" trail is in the woods behind the big mounds of dirt on the fireroad. Orange flags mark the center of the trail. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by NoVA-b
    Did they drop some more gravel near the starting area??? That would go a long way to help. Also the the double track on the right side of the "Y" (closer to 495) is pretty rutted and could use some attention or gravel. Who do we notify to pick up the trash that was collect along side the trail by the boyscouts on the last trail day?

What time were you thinking of starting? I was planning on going to gambril but could help in the morning. If it stays nice this evening I might head over there to work on a couple of sections and a ride if it is dry enough.

-------
    Dammit I just need to hit refresh a couple of times when it says "Server Busy"
    jk

mtbr member

It's Friday - Go Ride - It's Dry

I did not see any gravel piles by the old start area, near the "Y" in the double track. The only thing I noticed was the gravel at the electrical shed by the tower and would need a wheel barrow or truck to relocate it.

However, there have been some new log hops put in and cleaned up over the last couple of weeks along the creek trail...
    Enjoy -b