Trail Builder
    Apr 2004

Pipestem and Camp Creek WV Trails???

I used to ride both of these state parks when I lived in WV in 96/97. When I started looking for information on these trails it seems that the singletrack trails I remember may not be open to mountain bikes.

Does anyone have any intel on the once epic trails???
    Vince Carman
    VP, KyMBA Louisville
    http://www.kymba.org/louisville

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    You can mountain bike at both Pipestem and Camp Creek. Most of the trails at Pipestem are open to bikes (there are a couple of trails that lead to cabins and they're closed). Camp creek is full of logging/gas roads and they can be ridden.

Trail Builder
    Apr 2004
    Thanks for the info. I remember riding both sides of the gorge at Pipestem and hearing that you could ride all the way to Bluestone SP.

I used to ride a skinny, switchbacked trail at Camp Creek. I didn't see if it was open to bikes on the website description.

Do you have any recommendations on trails on the I-64 and I-77 corridors? I have a few trips back east that can take me through there and I'd love to sink my teeth into some WV singletrack again. It's been way too long.
    Vince Carman
    VP, KyMBA Louisville
    http://www.kymba.org/louisville

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    You can ride from Pipestem to Bluestone. You ride the River Trail down into the Gorge, cross the river and then continue on your way to Bluestone.
    I think I know the trail you're referring to at Camp Creek and you can still ride it.

For great twisty, rocky, rooty singletrack you want to head to Little Beaver State Park just off of I-64 in Beckley, WV. There are miles of great trails and you can ride for a day and not really see anyone else out there. The guy who has built and maintains the trails is a mountain biker.

In the Fayetteville, WV area there are the new Arrowhead trails built by the Park Service and the Boy Scouts. Lots of flowy singletrack. Andy, at New River Bikes in Fayetteville has maps. Ride from the town park over to the trails.

linkwvu
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by yaker View Post
    You can ride from Pipestem to Bluestone. You ride the River Trail down into the Gorge, cross the river and then continue on your way to Bluestone.
    I think I know the trail you're referring to at Camp Creek and you can still ride it.

For great twisty, rocky, rooty singletrack you want to head to Little Beaver State Park just off of I-64 in Beckley, WV. There are miles of great trails and you can ride for a day and not really see anyone else out there. The guy who has built and maintains the trails is a mountain biker.

In the Fayetteville, WV area there are the new Arrowhead trails built by the Park Service and the Boy Scouts. Lots of flowy singletrack. Andy, at New River Bikes in Fayetteville has maps. Ride from the town park over to the trails.
    Ahhh man! I miss Little Beaver SP so bad. Used to be my old stomping grounds. From Shady Originally (Across from High School) would leave house and head that way on the bike via Glade Springs and occasionally make it to Grandview. Many great miles logged there!