mtbr member

Patapsco Valley State Park, MD (x-post from videos)

We shot this 2 summers ago, and never really got around to publishing it. But now, in the next month, we have a REALLY cool video that we're about to release, so I figured I better publish this now rather than later, so people don't think we're getting worse at filmmaking, haha

Mountain Biking at Patapsco State Park on Vimeo

I always forget how to embed the video on this forum. Sigh...

--Mark

I am the owl
    Nice use of different points of view and nice job on the editing
    SingleSpeedOutlaw .com
    Riding Bikes and Drinking Beer.

two wheel whore
    Cool. Never ridden up there.

mtbr member
    Great video, I liked how you mixed in a couple of crashes and the guy running over the log was funny.
    On MTBR, the reputation is infamous.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I really miss summer....

mtbr member
    What is the best route to ride up there? I have gone there a couple of times and just ended up on badly maintained trails that are really short and I keep ending up in people's backyards. Seems like I need to go there with someone who really knows their way around. I was told to go in at a Kiss n' Ride, and I did, but the riding was not worth the drive from Northern VA.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CGrr View Post
    I really miss summer....

Riding frozen trails there tomorrow 9:30 am. Join in and we can reminisce about sweating our asses off in summer

Oh yeah, landing road.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by progfan1 View Post
    What is the best route to ride up there? I have gone there a couple of times and just ended up on badly maintained trails that are really short and I keep ending up in people's backyards. Seems like I need to go there with someone who really knows their way around. I was told to go in at a Kiss n' Ride, and I did, but the riding was not worth the drive from Northern VA.

Lots of great intro rides with the MORE folks. Maps are available at park headquarters too.

One Gear
    Nice video. I'm tired of the cold and looking forward to spring.

mtbr member
    Thanks guys! Spring is not too far off now!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CGrr View Post
    I really miss summer....
    Me too. Not much riding lately. It's either a wet muddy mess or the cold I've been battling pretty much all winter keeps me from feeling like riding.

mtbr member
    Patapsco is a pretty hard place to ride in the sense that there are a lot of trails and stitching together a good loop without any trail knowledge is tough, for sure. Some of the best riding in the area though, for sure. Beats the pants off of everything in NoVa with pump track, flow trails and 60 miles of singletrack.

Hook up with people in the know. Start at Rockburn with the pump track/jumps warm up then ride...

mk

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Beats the pants off of everything in NoVa
    NoVa: your destination for child-proof trails. Now featuring even flatter trails and 75% more tameness for the discerning Huffy owner. Our extra-wide trails accomodate strollers of all shapes and sizes. Equestrians, feel free to sh!t everywhere, we don't care.

mtbr member
    I would definitely like to be able to find a good route through Patapsco, as I'm a little tired of Fountainhead, particularly since they smoothed out the front two loops so much. I ride Fountainhead a lot since it's the best trail near my house, but I'd like something with a little more challenge that isn't as far away as Frederick. If anybody has a good route/map for Patapsco, I'd love to see it.

One Gear
    There are plenty of regulars around. Post when you want to ride and someone will usually offer to guide. The maps are available from the ranger station at any of the true park entrances.

This Map is close to the real one, but it looks dated.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Cool video. Thanks for sharing. I'm gonna have to get up to those trails one day. Looks like a blast.
    Am I all zipped up?

Escaping the Dreary Confines

mtbr member
    Really wishing it'd dry out...

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I live about a mile from the park and ride trail head off of 195. I usually get at least 1 ride a week in with friends. For a noob Patapsco Valley State Park Map - GpsTrailSource | Mountain Biking | Hiking Trail Maps this is a good starting point to get to know the trails.

mtbr member
    The race loop here is a great combination of trails for those new to the area to start with:
    https://www.bikereg.com/Net/17936
    2014 Seven Ti geared bike (in the womb!)
    2012 Seven Ti SS
    2012 Seven Steel SS w/rigid fork