mtbr member
    Dec 2013

Patapsco Questions.

Hello all,

I am fairly new to the mountain bike scene, I have been racing road for 5 years however. I was just wondering if anyone knows any good 2-4 hour loops/rides in Patapsco as i have never been there, just Rosaryville. Also, are the trails rideable after the snow, I am not sure of Maryland snow conditions right now as I am at WVU.

Any help would be appreciated.

Nick C

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    We got basically no snow. It was almost all rain so this past weekend was a washout. Hopefully it will dry out this week but they are calling for more rain tomorrow.

As far as 2 hour loops go, you'll have to get creative, ride some asphalt, or ride some more of the technical sections. Here is an online map of the trails. You can also link up some of the trails from Rockburn Park across Landing road and you can also link Morning Choice (yellow trail) to Rockburn (purple trail) with 2 different sections that are no noted on the map above.

You could also go up to Patapsco off route 40 and there is a 33 mile loop which is super climby and pretty tech. Here is a link to info on that loop.

Patapsco Peddler
    Aug 2011
    Like sternomac said, you can link a large loop, but you have to get creative. I have a 12 to 18 mile loop I link together between rockburn, and both sides of the river in ptap. Usually good for a 2 to 3 hour ride. When I first got a go pro earlier this year I recorded a lot of that loop. Check out my you tube page and look at some of the older videos. I have a map pop up at the beginning of the video and you can see my loop in sections. I only recorded my 12 mile loop though. Hope that helps.

http://http://m.youtube.com/user/skibum616?desktop_uri=%2Fuser%2Fskibum616
    Pain heals. Chicks dig scares. Glory Lasts forever. - Shane Falco

My YouTube Video Page: https://www.youtube.com/user/skibum616/videos

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I've parked at the skills park and done a big loop that incorporates every trail on that map, and a few that aren't, with a trails repeated and I managed a 28 mile loop. I'm trying to plan out a Huge loop that incorporates most of the Ptap 100 loop and most of avalon to get me to 50 miles without repeating too many trails. Big loops can be done at Ptap, just have to get creative.