Patapsco Peddler
    Aug 2011

Patapsco Epic 35 miler video!

So I rode the Patapsco Epic in August with a few friends, and shot the entire ride (almost all of it) on my gopro. For those that do not know 35 miles in this epic series was really 39, with 7,000 feet of vertical, and it took us 7 hours, where we were rolling for 5 1/2 hours of it. I shot 5 hours of video on the gopro and this is the 37 minute result (please watch in 1080):

Pain heals. Chicks dig scares. Glory Lasts forever. - Shane Falco

My YouTube Video Page: https://www.youtube.com/user/skibum616/videos

mtbr member
    I did the 25m which was more like 28m-- took me over 4hrs with stops. Awesome ride, but P-Tap will wear you out. The northern technical rocky sections took their toll on me. Great ride support and met alot of cool fellow riders. I thought the road sections would be a welcome break from pedaling, boy i was wrong. Only endo'd once, so not a bad day...

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by craigpool View Post
    So I rode the Patapsco Epic in August with a few friends, and shot the entire ride (almost all of it) on my gopro. For those that do not know 35 miles in this epic series was really 39, with 7,000 feet of vertical, and it took us 7 hours, where we were rolling for 5 1/2 hours of it. I shot 5 hours of video on the gopro and this is the 37 minute result (please watch in 1080):

Awesome

Can you tell me how to get to the start of that? I've ridden Patapsco maybe 20 times and have never started there.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I started out doing the 25 miler, but halfway through I felt too good to stop so I decided to do the 35 miler. Then I got lost. So my 25 miler ended up being a 42 miler. It sure was fun though. Question for the OP, I thought it was 3200-3300 of vertical. How do you figure the 7000? It sure felt like 7000!

mtbr member
    It started at Rockburn Branch Park near the skills pump track. Then we crossed Landing Rd. to get to Morning Choice in Avalon. Craig will have to answer the vertical question. Maybe his Strava is lying to him.