mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Online MTB Trail Maps

Online MTB Trail Maps for the Mid Atlantic Region - Over the weekend we published a new version of our website that is mobile friendly. Check it out and let us know what you think. GpsTrailSource.com ...I can't post a real link yet

Dave & Chris
    GpsTrailSource.com

mtbr member
    Interesting. Do these maps work with a GPS app on a phone? I'm thinking something like Maprika. MidTN IMBA/SORBA has made trail maps of most of the local trails here options on Maprika, so you fire it up, and you load the map, it shows you exactly where you are on the trail system.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I'll check out maprika. We have not built custom apps for andriod or iphone (yet) rather we have a mobile enabled web site. This means that our site will be of little value when outside of a metro area that supports a 3G or 4G wireless network signal which makes maprika or a gps a much better option when you expect to be in a remote location. We don't step out the door without our Garmin GPSMAP60!

That said... as it turns out, many of the parks we have mapped are in metro areas that will support some level of wireless network. The "Go Map!" page will detect if your phone supports geo location and will use the lat/lng to center the map on your current location.

Dave