mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Need advice for trip to mountwood.

I'm looking for advice on a route for Mountwood. Map looks somewhat confusing. When the maps, looks confusing we always seem to ride the trails the worst direction. If a description is too hard. A Garmin or Strava link would be great!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Found some Strava data. I'm just not sure this would be the best way to ride Mountood.

Devil Dog for Life
    Apr 2007
    Check out rvmba.com for maps and information from the organization that maintains the trails. Most people ride counter clockwise starting at the Tecumseh trail. You have the most distance options from there. When you planning on riding there? Groups ride on Weds at 6:00 PM and Sun at 1:00 PM

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Thanks for getting back to me. Are there any trails that are a must ride. Looks like if we tried to ride them all we would have to go back and hit some stuff twice.

We were hoping to get down there in the next month or so. Don't think the group rides will work for us. We live in central Ohio. And will probably just head down a Sun morning and head back after riding.

spooge is gone!
    Great trails that are very well maintained. Can be ridden in either direction and very well marked with new signage Park at the marina. Maps available there and a couple starting points
    "Can see forever, but I can't see anything"

mtbr member
    I ride there every week. The trails are awesome. Once you ride there I'm sure you will agree. My opinion is to ride Tecumseh over to medicine man, tomahawk to lake trail. Once you arrive at four corners( gravel road) take minnihaha over to power line trail. Cross blacktop road to white oak trail. White oak to Gary's grind to bottom of hill take a right to little gnarly climb to top and get ready for an awesome downhill. Veer right to around the moon trail through field to savannah. Once your at the bottom. Hang a right cross two boardwalks towards Apollo over to copperhead loop and finish at the the marina parking lot. That will cover most of the park. Should be around 16 miles. Let us know how things went.