mtbr member

Middle Run, White Clay and/or Fair Hill open?

Anybody out there know if the trails are open after hurricane Sandy passed through? Dying to ride my new 29er.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Lance Criminal
    Oct 2012
    I saw a bunch of people riding out there today along with my friend and I. The trails weren't too bad, a few muddy spots but easy enough to ride around. Almost all the trees have been cleared off the trails from what I saw.

mtbr member
    FWIW, I rode MR & WCC on Sunday morning. Passed quite a few others while I was out as well. Everything was in pretty solid shape that I encountered... not very wet, only 1 spot where a tree was down requiring getting off my bike.

mtbr member

Mr/WCC is fine....

The Trailspinners were out in force shortly after the storm... I rode Sat morning and covered about 60% of the MR/WCC area and it was all clear... Aside from some serious leaf coverage in areas the trails were as fast and fun as ever.... Now the Brandywine Sunday evening was another story...

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Does anyone know if Fair Hill is ridable? Was hoping for it to be frozen in the morning but you never now...

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    How are the trails at fair hill now? muddy?
    "Want to ride some more miles...?"

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    It was greasy as heck when I was there two weeks ago. I can't see how anything has improved with all the rain/snow and lack of a hard freeze.

Smarter Than He Looks
    I think we're in a mini freeze/thaw cycle, so the trails should be good early in the morning but get slippery by mid-to-late morning.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinker View Post
    I think we're in a mini freeze/thaw cycle, so the trails should be good early in the morning but get slippery by mid-to-late morning.
    Exactly....

I rode last Saturday Morning 8am right before and during the snow and the trails were fine.. It was an awesome ride... Attempted to go out Yesterday morning around 11am for a NewYears Day ride and it was way too muddy.. Just greasy and sloppy as can be... So I made a small loop and called it quits.. With the wacky weather we get if there has been any recent precipitation it all depends on how cold it has been and /or how early you can get out...

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Got out to brandywine today at 7:30. Everything was nicely frozen. I feel normal again.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    How are the conditions for tomorrow? Anyone go and check this place out today since the rain Friday?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FuelEX8guy View Post
    How are the conditions for tomorrow? Anyone go and check this place out today since the rain Friday?
    Probably still pretty sloppy... I live only a few miles away and my lawn is still pretty moist.. Combined with temps that are non trail freezing nor trail drying today and overnight I can't imagine them being firm.. If anyone has any additional info chime in because I would love to get out tomorrow too..

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Yeah that's what I figured. If anyone else has better info please chime in.