CrgCrkRyder
    Apr 2007

Middle Mountain Mamma Race this Sunday

Douthat State Park, one of my favorite places.

Some pics from the Lasso Loop north of Douthat, part of the XXC race course for Sunday’s Middle Mountain Mamma Race

Spring

Sometimes I like mossy old double track almost as much as singletrack

Recently deboned of hundreds of sticks and branches from the past winter, this part of the course should be super fast

Some small rock gardens on the upper end of Salt Pond Trail

The laurel thicket at the upper end of Salt Pond was recently mowed down by the Forest Service or Boy Scouts, I’m not sure which

Brushy Mountain trail has been cleared back almost to interstate status, I think they plan on using it for a fireline for a controlled burn

Come out Sunday if you are into this sort of thing. I'll be around there somewhere .......

mtbr member
    You make it all looks so serene. Don't let him be fool you! Look at the nice picture of the lake....notice everything goes up?! The climbs are long but not severe in grade so just keep pedaling. A few of us went out a couple weekedns ago and rode the race course. Great stuff. Fantastic downhills and good flow up and down. The trails are in great shape with a few spots of deep leftover leaves. Quite a few water crossings. I hope to get out there again soon. Not racing it this year.

mtbr member
    Rode it last Saturday, contemplating returning for the race this Sunday. Trails are in perfect shape although the creeks are indeed high right now; my bottom bracket did get a good wash in a couple.

Gonna have to flip a coin between MMM and Michaux...