Toro

Marsh Creek riding and crashing!

Marsh Creek is one of my favorite trail systems. I went out with my wife for a fun ride last week. A stump on the trail, however, was a bit sour that day and decided to launch me off the bike.

Enjoy.

Ricardo aka "El Toro"
    Team Raging Toro
    Toro Page on G+

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Cool video. I like the view of your suspension travel.

I can't say I share your love for Marsh Creek's trails.

Toro
    Why do you dislike the trails?

I like Patapsco, French Creek, Marsh Creek, and Bear Creek. My ultimate trail system is Fair Hill, MD.
    Ricardo aka "El Toro"
    Team Raging Toro
    Toro Page on G+

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I wouldn't say I wholly dislike them but I have not had good experiences the 2 times I have ridden there. The trails themselves are okay but the the topography limits their potential. Both times I rode there I got lost and ended up having to ride pavement. It seems like there is a small hill and if you drop over it you end up either on the road or down along the Brandywine, then that leads to a road.

I am not saying it is a bad trail and it would be fun if I knew where I was going. But it seems like it tends to cover the same spots over and over again if you go for a long ride and it is not well marked. I drove out there because I had read some glowing reports and found that it was not up to its billing.

I think it is an okay trail and would be worth a 10-15 minute drive. For me it is 45 minutes away and I could get to Wissahickon, Middle Run / White Clay, Brandywine, etc. in that much time or less. Nockamixon and Fair Hill aren't much farther. I think all of those are better (except Brandywine, maybe).

No big deal. I was just surprised that it is one of your favorite trails.

Toro
    It's a bit cramped but the crew there has done a great job at getting a lot out of a small patch of land. I've gotten lost there a few times. I understand your frustration. But it is worthy of a visit from time to time. I wouldn't frequent it as it doesn't appeal to me all of the time but when I'm looking for some fast, twisty, and lightly rocky (maybe slightly technical here and there) I go to Marsh. It's got just enough rocky climbs to keep you working and a bunch of fast descents that make it worthwhile.
    Ricardo aka "El Toro"
    Team Raging Toro
    Toro Page on G+

CrgCrkRyder
    Apr 2007
    Haha at least the bike was OK. Hopefully the rider too.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Yeah, getting injured sucks. I'm not a kid anymore. I cracked a rib a couple months ago and I still feel some lingering pain from time to time.

The worst injury I have gotten mountain biking, by far, was a broken ass bone. It's called coccyx or something. I broke that about 16 years ago and it was brutal. I felt pain in it when sitting for long periods for at least 5 years after it happened.