This is bat country.

Local area trail conditions

The season's starting to get underway with the weather getting a little warmer. Please post current conditions of Fountainhead, Shaeffer, Patapsco, and Cabin John if you've been out recently. I'm reluctant to drive out to the trails without a good idea of the conditions, since most of them are at least 1/2 hour away. Thanks!
    If the rig made the rider, I'd be pro...

mtbr member

A mess

They are a sloppy mess with all of this rain we have been having.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Loch Raven Merryman's Loop is great. I went Thursday after work.

I also rode Patapsco last weekend which was in excellent shape too, Landing road side had some wet spots but that part of the trail always does. I think anything in the Balto area is good this weekend.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Just rode Fountain Head a few hours ago.....couldn't see the trail w/ all that damn dust from the dry trails blowing in my eyes

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I rode Patapsco and it was dry too, and Ditto on Loch Raven, and Fair Hill. They usually post trail condition updates on http://www.more-mtb.org/ Thats probably your best bet for updated trail conditions.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    a good place to check trail conditions: http://www.more-mtb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11

I went to Schaeffer's Farm yesterday and conditions were great. Patapsco was in great shape last week and since we have not had any significant precipitation this week, it should still be good. I hope so because I am heading there today.

Bikes & Beer
    May 2005
    Rode shaeffer all last week (13th to the 19th) and was in perfect condition. Also rode Seneca park (lake and surronding trails) and that was perfect as well besides all the local foot traffic. Weather is cold now but shoudd warm up soon.

Members who have read this thread: 0