mtbr member

Last minute work trip - looking for trails/bike rental

Ok, gang, I found out at 4:30 today that I will be in the DC area for the next two weeks starting Monday. I'll be working/staying in Silver Spring, and am wondering if there are trails relatively close, and if/where a bike could be rented.

I don't even know if there will be time to ride at this point, but I want to be ready if there is.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    not sure where you can rent in Maryland. In VA (reston) the bike lane will rent pretty sick demo bikes. as far as riding, you are within an hour of some pretty good stuff: Patapsco has a ton of trails. lots of single track big up and big down. There's also Gambrill which is probably the most technical trail i have ever ridden in the DC metro area. Yellow trail is the one to do there. You also have Schaeffer Farm over in Germantown. That is a fun single-track run that moves so fast in parts that you will quickly find yourself riding (hanging on) beyond your skillset. good for a little a$$ pucker for sure!

I am sure there is more but those are the 3 in maryland nearer to you that i have ridden.

enjoy!