mtbr member
    Jan 2008

High Knob in GWNF

Afternoon,

Off of 33W in the GWNF in Virginia, there is an old fire lookout known as High Knob. It sits on a ridge between West Virginia and Virginia. Based on the topo map, there is a trail of some kind (Jeep, fireroad, etc) that continues south from the fire lookout. Is this trail really a trail? Is there any private land in that remote of an area? Can you continue on the trail?

Thanks

Bread Man
    looks ike a forest servie road/trail following the ridge, I am sure it is private land that the trail runs through to get to the fire tower but, I doubt you will see any posted signs anywhere except aybe during hunting season. If you are into that sort of thing I am planning on (when it warms up) heading to bluefield and doing the same type trail/road there. There is one that follows the ridgeline from bluefield just about all the way to burkes garden with a few cell/fire/radio towers along the way. I can give you exact directions to the place if you are interested just shoot me a pm.
    It is better to destroy
    Than to create what is meaningless

Members who have read this thread: 0