Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    If you go up to Williamsburg feel free to pm me, or ill shoot you one, I am gonna go again very soon. Freedom park is the best trails by far in my opinion. I cant get enough of that place.

nOOb
    Quote Originally Posted by GFMarlin13' View Post
    If you go up to Williamsburg feel free to pm me, or ill shoot you one, I am gonna go again very soon. Freedom park is the best trails by far in my opinion. I cant get enough of that place.
    Yeah thats what I hear. I need to make a trip up there, maybe this weekend. Just gotta keep an eye on the weather.
    '09 Cannondale F7
    '00 Specialized Hardrock Comp

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Freedom is my favorite ride too. Went up to Richmond Friday and did JRPS loop and it was awesome too, nice change of terrain. Took a bad fall on a rock and had flat tire towards the end but it was worth it. When the weather is clear remember the group rides at IRP on Mondays and Wednesdays at around 5:30 to 6:30 and Gatewood on Wednesdays. PM if you want to attend. I have a buddy that is down to ride Freedom at any time too, so if maybe we can get 1 or 2 more people and we can all carpool and split gas we can go to freedom or even Richmonda a lot more.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Im down to do IRP also, not a bad spot, just cant do it this wed, possibly Thursday. Ive never ridden any trails past Williamsburg, although I want to do more up there, im going to hit up snowshoe mid September I believe, going to take my bike for some trails and rent a DH bike for the fun stuff. I have one friend that always rides with me, we generally don't ride without one another. Not a fan of riding alone, never know what could happen. I drive a full size truck with 3 mounts for bikes in the bed, and a 4 bike hitch carrier, can fit 5 or 6 people....lets go lol

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Alright if this nasty weather clears up next week, how bout a group ride to Richmond? With you and your buddy and me and mine that's 4 to split gas. The only thing though is that me and my buddy have weird work schedules, so we actually usually ride during the week. Are y'all able to ride any on Mondays, Tuesday, or Wednesday or Fridays during the day?

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    We will see how the weather plays out. It is super difficult for us to go during the week, not impossible but harder. I can probably make that happen some time soon though, I don't know if im going to be able to make freedom this weekend, wife works 24hrs today, and then another 24hr shift on sunday. I will probably go to IRP atleast though.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    what the hell does your wife do lol

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Were both Active duty Mil....she just has a SHITTY duty rotation every 4 days. Counting down the days until she gets out...down to like 245 now haha.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Man, 2 weeks and no love in the 757. Whats going on? Anyone going for a ride this weekend?

nOOb
    Looking to ride this weekend, but with the tunnel maddness going on, I cant make it up north.(Lake Maury/ Freedom Park) IRP just seems so flat to me now. Guess it's the trade off. Flat track riding, or the 4 hour average wait to come back to the southside. Think I'm just brain f'ing it, just get out and ride.
    '09 Cannondale F7
    '00 Specialized Hardrock Comp

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jlallak View Post
    Looking to ride this weekend, but with the tunnel maddness going on, I cant make it up north.(Lake Maury/ Freedom Park) IRP just seems so flat to me now. Guess it's the trade off. Flat track riding, or the 4 hour average wait to come back to the southside. Think I'm just brain f'ing it, just get out and ride.
    Tunnel work was cancelled for this weekend. So no problem there!

FYI to all, there is a "festival" going on at Freedom on Saturday/Sunday 9/22-9/23, mostly on Sunday though, with clinics and rides going on. I can't remember all the details off hand, but check out EVMA site, I'm sure it's on there.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I rode the Tidewater Challenge coarse last weekend. Awesome trail with lots of climbs. Hope it's open for prerides Nov 17th and 18th.
    Specialized Camber Comp 29er
    Trek 9800 OLCV, XT upgrade 26er
    KHS Fleetwood
    Schwinn 20" Fastback 5 speed stick shift

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Was registered and work ruined that for me. Bummed I missed it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GFMarlin13' View Post
    Was registered and work ruined that for me. Bummed I missed it.
    There's a do-over later this month
    Specialized Camber Comp 29er
    Trek 9800 OLCV, XT upgrade 26er
    KHS Fleetwood
    Schwinn 20" Fastback 5 speed stick shift

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    A buddy and myself are going to Williamsburg tomorrow evening, maybe do some urban riding, and then go ride Freedom all day Saturday. Anyone interested in riding on Saturday?

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Is there a facebook group for hampton riders ?

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by otherJohn View Post
    Is there a facebook group for hampton riders ?
    I dont think so, just the EVMA page, if not a memver of EVMA i suggest joining. 15 bucks a year isnt bad.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    hey just signed up and let me know when the next time you guys go riding around the hampton roads area

mtbr member

Hampton Roads Va.

Ok will do

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3