mtbr member
    Dec 2006

George Washington National Forest Trails..

Hey guys just moved to Andrews AFB and am want to what kind of trails are in George Washingtin National Forest? I am looking to do some XC cycling with the wife. Let me know if yall know of any other areas closer. Thanks.

I am the owl
    Search the forum for George Washington (a.k.a. the GWNF), lots of info including a few recent threads. It's technical XC riding at it's finest, but not for the faint of heart. One of my favorite places to ride.

Rosaryville is the closest trail to Andrews, opposite of the GWNF, it's a buffed out roller coaster trail system that's fast and swoopy.

In between these two extremes the Avalon section of Patapsco state park is probably the next closest trail system that is really nice with a lot of mileage.

For a list of other area trails, check here.
    SingleSpeedOutlaw .com
    Riding Bikes and Drinking Beer.

Bikecurious
    Aug 2007
    the GWNF is a bit of a haul from AAFB, but worth it, tons of trails. The Shenandoah mountain bike festival is this weekend, 10/12-10/14. Great way to check out some of the trails. More info at www.shenandoahmountainbikeclub.com

Members who have read this thread: 0