mtbr member

Frederick Watershed Trail work Nov. 1st

We got an important trail day on Sunday Nov. 1st. We need a strong showing. We will be closing the old blue. Also there will be a grand opening with a ribbon cutting ceremony of the New Blue reroute we recently built. There may be some local press there. Also some Frederick city officials. This will be a work day so please bring water, gloves, a strong back and a great attitude. We will be having a cook out after wards with the usual liquid refreshments. Start time is 9 am at the Sand Flat Parking Lot. Let me know if you can make it. Thanks, David

Please RSVP Here so we know who is coming.

mtbr member
    I posted on bike site and also emailed you. Was planning to be in town that day and I wanted to know more of what to expect and what would be expected of me showing up.Times, can I show late, will there be opportunity to ride or will it be more of a strict work day, estimated time on the cookout part? I'm from out of town, and not a MORE member, so I don't know how essential it would be that I rsvp or any other details I should be aware of.

It really sucks that the Fair Hill Jamboree is the same day as well, because I would definitely be trying to get a road trip to hit that, but I already had plans to see the moe. concert in Frederick at the Weinberg Sunday night.
    Last edited by picassomoon; 10-26-2009 at 07:41 AM.

I am the owl
    Who's coming out? We'll be blazing the new trail and closing down and doing trail reclamation on the old section. Bring gloves and water and be ready to work. If you have a shovel, that will be the tool of the day. We'll have some on hand as well.

We'll also be announcing some cool news for the 2010 Watershed trail work season.

This was a pilot project to show the City what we can do and it has already been very successful. Thanks for all the work everyone has done, we could not have done it without all of the volunteers. Hope to see you Sunday. And if you can't make it on Sunday, a few of us will be out there Saturday doing site prep. We can use a few extra hands.
    SingleSpeedOutlaw .com
    Riding Bikes and Drinking Beer.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by picassomoon
    I posted on bike site and also emailed you. Was planning to be in town that day and I wanted to know more of what to expect and what would be expected of me showing up.Times, can I show late, will there be opportunity to ride or will it be more of a strict work day, estimated time on the cookout part? I'm from out of town, and not a MORE member, so I don't know how essential it would be that I rsvp or any other details I should be aware of.

It really sucks that the Fair Hill Jamboree is the same day as well, because I would definitely be trying to get a road trip to hit that, but I already had plans to see the moe. concert in Frederick at the Weinberg Sunday night.
    I might try to ride early, 6:30 or so, then hit up the trail day. It's daylight savings, so should not be too bad. Riding is fun. Lots of rocks.

I am the owl
    Any takers for Saturday? Chainsaws!
    SingleSpeedOutlaw .com
    Riding Bikes and Drinking Beer.

Members who have read this thread: 0