mtbr member
    Jul 2013

Frederick Watershed

Hello All, I recently had gotten into mountain biking and I occasionally ride in the Frederick Watershed. Since I am still new to the area, I really don't know my way around it much. If any of you know any good routes to take please let me know. I usually just go south on the blue trail at the hamburg parking lot and then just turn around when i get tired but I hear people talk about the watershed and say that there is a lot of cool stuff up there.
    Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    You started in a good place, but one heck of a place to get into mountain biking. I too start on Hamburg Rd and head south, but you really can't go wrong back there. There are so many trail networks that you shouldn't have to simply turn around. Also next time try going north from Hamburg. There is a grey "Trails" tab at the top of your screen that you can use to see all of what Maryland has to offer. The Watershed is listed several times (Gambrill as well) and will give you details where to go. Also just down the street is Green brier. Have fun.
    "If 650b is the future and 26"ers are the past then sitting on my B6'er I am in the middle of the here and now"