Unit 91

Frame Painters in the Baltimore/DC Area

As the title says. I would really like to get my Spec. P.1 A1 frame re-painted. I was considering doing it my self but I want to get it done correctly. I was considering powdercoating because I heard it holds up well and looks great too, but I would like to keep some kind of decal. Could any of you recommend me a frame painter and/or a good powdercoater in the Baltimore/DC area. And what would the cost be like?

I have been throwing around some color ideas and I could use so suggestions. I would really like to go with the current trend and do a white with either black or dark green decals. Or just do a Dark Green paint finish with white decals but I dont think that would go good with all the black parts. I have a cool idea but I am not sure how it would turn out. Here is the bike, stay with me.

Notice how the top tube has a hexagonal (not sure if that is right) shape. I think it would be cool to somehow do two stripes on the two top slanted parts to kinda showcase the shapes. Then I would like to put a P.1 and a Specialized somewhere on the bike. What do you think? Think it would be too much for a powdercoater? What color do you think I should go with?

Sorry for the lengthy post. All suggestions are accepted. Thanks in advance.
    Bikes

I am the owl
    For the detail you are looking for, I think you'd need to go with wet paint - I could be wrong though, check w/ a pro. Powder coating is generally more durable. Check w/ Donald at Fleetstreet, he told me a few months ago that he had someone on Balto. that was doing powder for a reasonable price.
    SingleSpeedOutlaw .com
    Riding Bikes and Drinking Beer.

Unit 91
    Will do thanks for the input.

BTW, how did that trailwork go?
    Bikes

I am the owl
    Quote Originally Posted by TheProphet
    Will do thanks for the input.

BTW, how did that trailwork go?
    Awesome. There is now a really cool double switchback at the bottom of the "root trail" over near the cascade bathrooms.
    SingleSpeedOutlaw .com
    Riding Bikes and Drinking Beer.

Unit 91
    Yea someone was telling me about that that was there. I want to check it out but I havent been able to ride in forever because its either too cold or it rains everytime its warm.
    Bikes

mtbr member
    Hey Ryan,

I may want to go up Gambrills this weekend if the weather and honey do's are in order.
    Interested? I havn't ridden in awhile either, so I would be slow and huffin' and a puffin'.
    In other words, a nice easy paced ride.

Seeya
    When I get to the bottom I go back to the top of the slide
    Where I stop and I turn and I go for a ride
    Till I get to the bottom and I see you again...

Helter Skelter

Unit 91
    Haha. I have been wanting to go up to Gambrills too but I work both Saturday and Sunday this weekend. I like to go down when I go to Gambrills. I have never XC'ed there. So if you ever want to come with us and hit the drop trails and pipeline, you are more then welcome too. I have been wanting to ride Patapsco a lot now because I havent ridden in ages but it always rains.

See ya
    Bikes

Members who have read this thread: 0