mtbr member
    Sep 2004

fair hill and white clay loop

I'd heard that you can ride Fair Hill, then ride some road, then hit White Clay, turn around get back to Fair Hill. Anyone have a gps or a link to something to describe this ride?

mtbr member
    I haven't ridden it but I often use these posts to look up new areas to ride in. So here's what I found;

Trail map for Fair Hill; Fair Hill | Park Trail Maps | Mountain Biking | Hiking | GpsTrailSource
    Scroll northeast on this map, then compare to this map for White Clay;
    http://kencox.net/wcc_middlerun_map_2.4.1.pdf

Looks to me like from the northeast section of Fair Hill you can catch Little Egypt Rd, turn right on New London Rd/Rt 896, left on Hopkins Rd, and get to White Clay.

How are these trails?
    I have a black belt in MS Paint.

2013 Santa Cruz Bronson Carbon
    2013 StumpJumper FSR Comp Carbon 29er

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    If you park at the lot on Appleton Road at Fair Hill you could ride up the street to Elbow Lane and take that to 896 (New London Road). From there you can get on Hopkins Road, which you would ride past Thompson Station Road (intersection with the stop sign) and not too long after one of the trails intersects the road. It's not a trail head so no signs, but I believe there are cross walk markings on the road so it would be hard to miss.

If you turn right onto the trails I think that puts you on the Whitley Farms Trail, which takes you up to the 9 Foot Road lot. You can ride single track throughout Middle Run/and Judge Morris from there.

Probably worth mentioning I don't think there are any shoulders on those roads. Road bikes are somewhat regulars on Hopkins Road but there are a few blind turns and drivers regularly exceed the 35 mph speed limit. So it should be rideable, but make yourself visible if you decide to do it.