mtbr member

Eastern Shore IMBA Mountain bike race Dec, 9th

Just wanted to post this up for any Eastern Shore people who are unaware of this race/event. It's located at the YMCA in Pocomoke, MD. The trails at the YMCA have been built and maintained by the ESIMBA. The race is not your traditional race event...it's more of come out and try your hardest, but have fun.

Hope to see some forum members there.

Jason
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Eastern Shore IMBA Mountain bike race Dec, 9th-705150_518704441480940_719393323_o.jpg  

mtbr member
    Intriguing...only 2 classes? What are the trails like?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rob1035 View Post
    Intriguing...only 2 classes? What are the trails like?
    That's why it's not like a traditional race series. It's more of trying to get the idea going and building interest for bigger events. ESIMBA is more for bringing more trails to the Eastern Shore, with a focus on single tracks, but also for safer paved/packed trails for families to travel or exercise on.

It's about 5 miles worth of twisting and rooty single track with a few flowy sections. A couple of the "Expert" trails have bridges and other obstacles. The Novice class does all trails excluding the Expert sections and does 2-3 laps. The Expert class will be all sections and will make about 4-5 laps.

I'm pushing the movement to bring some races and trail days to the Naylor Mill trails in Salisbury, MD. as well. This way we can get a broad group of people and attendence.

All in all we are just looking for a fun trail day and for support from people to check the trails out and to hear about our goals on the Eastern Shore. Plus, we should have the ability to sign up some new members at the event or donations.

So, please come on out and check it out.

mtbr member
    Pretty sure I'll make it, run in the unofficial SS class

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rob1035 View Post
    Pretty sure I'll make it, run in the unofficial SS class
    Haha. I'll be SS as well.

mtbr member
    Jason,
    Any idea about the weather policy? Forecast isn't ideal as of now...

mtbr member
    Tomorrow shows sunny with a high of 64 and Sunday cloudy high of 62. I don't think there should be any issues. It's always a little muddy in spots on these trails anyway.

mtbr member
    Heading over, say hello if you see someone looking lost on a black canfield N9

mtbr member
    Will do. Ill have a black 29er Deadeye with white p35 rims and carbon fork. My wife is gonna have cookies and some other sweets setup at the event. So, you might see me near that.

FireEye Shortfuse 380
    Mar 2012
    WOW just found this post...I knew nothing about this, I just searched Eastern Shore for the first time since I joined...Guess I'll catch it this year. BTW when is the best time to ride the Naylor Mill trails? I rode last season but they were overgrown with sticker bushes and tree limbs.

I also heard something about maybe building some single track at Horns Point?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace350 View Post
    WOW just found this post...I knew nothing about this, I just searched Eastern Shore for the first time since I joined...Guess I'll catch it this year. BTW when is the best time to ride the Naylor Mill trails? I rode last season but they were overgrown with sticker bushes and tree limbs.

I also heard something about maybe building some single track at Horns Point?
    Live in the area?

Naylor Mill is good to ride now. We've been getting a lot more people to help maintain the trails. I like riding this time of the year. But, I'm definitely going to work with the group this year on getting the trails cleaned before it starts growing over.

We actually have a race this Sunday 2/10 at some new state land we were given to maintain. The trails for this race are more flat singletracks with no technical sections. We decided to do the race at these new trails to basically show them off. The trails were basically bike/hike trails that were created years ago, but sort of forgotten.

Blades Rd Pocomoke City, MD 21851 - Google Maps

Old School Mountain Bike Race
    Novice Class 10 miles
    Expert Class 20 miles

-12:00 (noon) Registration opens.
    -1:00pm Race start

No charge for YMCA and ESIMBA members. $5 for non-members.

We are going for higher ground and want show off these new trails.The Tarr Tract trails are less technical than the trails at YMCA which means that you will be able to ride much faster.

ESIMBA Eastern Shore International Mountain Bike Association.
    Eastern Shore IMBA Facebook

FireEye Shortfuse 380
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by trrubicon06 View Post
    Live in the area?
    I live in Cambridge...I usually ride Owls Roost, Wild Turkey, Susquehanna river state park, and White Clay....The Susquehanna park is easily my favorite. I can't ride this weekend my bike is in pieces and I don't have them all. I will be coming out to some events and checking things out now that I know it exists...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace350 View Post
    I live in Cambridge...I usually ride Owls Roost, Wild Turkey, Susquehanna river state park, and White Clay....The Susquehanna park is easily my favorite. I can't ride this weekend my bike is in pieces and I don't have them all. I will be coming out to some events and checking things out now that I know it exists...
    Well, Cambridge is a hike to come to meetings and some events. But, keep checking our web and Facebook pages for updates. We are also gonna have a group heading up to PA for Dirtfest in May.

FireEye Shortfuse 380
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by trrubicon06 View Post
    Well, Cambridge is a hike to come to meetings and some events. But, keep checking our web and Facebook pages for updates. We are also gonna have a group heading up to PA for Dirtfest in May.
    haha it would be my shortest traveled distance to ride!

mtbr member
    Aug 2010

I have been visiting family in Pocomoke for 20 yrs and had no idea this was going on. Are the Tarr tract and YMCA trails open year round to the public? Is there a trail map for the Tarr
    Tract?

mtbr member

Re: Eastern Shore IMBA Mountain bike race Dec, 9th

Quote Originally Posted by CGrr View Post
    I have been visiting family in Pocomoke for 20 yrs and had no idea this was going on. Are the Tarr tract and YMCA trails open year round to the public? Is there a trail map for the Tarr
    Tract?
    The YMCA is open year round. As far as the Tarr/Hudson tracts...they should be open year round, except possibly during hunting season. The trails are next to areas used for hunting. Ill have to double check on that.

We are still compiling GPS data for the trails. One of our members is trained and works with mapping. Keep checking our sites for updates.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Cool, thanks. Next time I go down I'll have to take my bike.