mtbr member
    Sep 2013

... and if we just ... East Coast gets some MTB Movie Love!

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Hi~ I JUST barely registered here and want to make a post, but see no button or link for posting. Can you tell me how I do it, [please"? I could contact the admin...but won't hear back till much later. Thanks Dan

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    I'm fairly new as well. I wonder if maybe you can't post new messages until after you've participated (by commenting on other existing posts).

What kind of bike do you have and where do you ride? This post seems oddly like a SPAM post.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    iso....hey there~
    Not to worry....I am no spammer, but a slightly decrepit and old two-wheeler from away back. I think I might've been the first guy to ride coast to coast, both ways )3x's, in fact. Now I just have mtb's. Got rid of my cars last year and it's just two wheels for me now. I still cannot figure out how to post, and just wanted to say hi to the guys here, who I've enjoyed for awhile as a mere voyeurist. Finally registered.
    I've got a Diamondback (topanga) hardtail, and a Specialized FSR, which I adore.
    Happy trials. I'm Dan...and thanks.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Wow. Awesome! Thanks Dan. That's quite an impressive accomplishment!

Where's home?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    After the last 22yrs living on the Big Island of Hawaii....(and other years away from home as well, such as Idaho, Colorado, Martha's Vinyard, Virginia....I've finally rejoined family here in Rhode Island (which is sort've an icky place by comparison)....but helping my mom through here final hurdles of life. Live with her and my twin brother in a quait, cape style home she just purchased three years ago, just in time to become a prisoner inside of it because of loss of mobility. She's a herione, in my book. Great family...I was just the restless and curious one of the lot. Built wooden sailboats for a living. Mostly retired now. Time finally for forums, bragging, asking questions, getting to know people in leisurely ways. Appreciate your prompt replies. What's your name, by the way???? Aloha~~!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Small world! Friends of the family own and operate The Blue Dragon restaurant on the big island. They're from Crofton too! Crazy huh? Oh, and I built their website.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Not sure where Crofton is. I lived in Manassas from '57-64, on a huge horsefarm...our farmhouse had been a field-hospital during Battle of Bull Run and there were still bloodstains on the wide, ancient floorboards. Back then, the winters were REAL winters (far worse than our present-time RI winters) and the horses would escape by walking over the fences in the drifts of deep snow.
    Wow...that is a misty memory now.
    What are you up to in Crofton?????

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Sorry, I assumed you knew MD. I'm near Fort Meade which is equidistant from DC, Baltimore and Annapolis.

I grew up sailing though so wooden boats hold a special place in my heart.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    By the way....I'm pretty sure I know where the Blue Dragon is. On the road out've Honaunau, going down to the City of Refuge (an old Hawaiiian Holygrounds on the ocean. I live right up mauka (up the mountain) from there. Less than three miles. Is the owners' name Diane?

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    That's the place. Owner is Delphina but I knew her by her first name, Leigh since birth.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Ahhhh....Annapolis....have some time there, restoring old Schooners. What a historic stronghold of wooden boats. A southern version of Vineyard Haven, on Martha's Vineyard.....where you will NEVER see a plastic boat in the harbor. I'm not prying and I respect privacy, but I still don't know your name.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Whoops, sorry. I'm Ian. :-)

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Ian~ Ahui Hou~~!!! my user-name is dannyohyeah, for future reference. I'll put you in my personal log, and you're the first "talk-story" here for me. Nice to meet you. Wish you well and a very merry Christmas to you and yours~

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    @Dannyohyeah -- any chance you were in a McDonalds in Ashland, VA back in March on your way to Biloxi, MS?
    Am I all zipped up?

Escaping the Dreary Confines

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Sorry fleetwood....that wasn't me. Haven't been near the Mason/Dixon line for awhile now. Happy Trails, though.