mtbr member

Dream XC bike for sale...under 20lb

Well it was a tough decision. The fact that this frame doesn't come with a v-brake mounting posts really bother the heck out of me, so I'm putting it up for sale. Up for sale is probably the undisputed, absolute best, XC bike you can buy.

The frame is carbon fiber Scott Scale 30 (I'm almost certain it's the same frame as 10 and 20)
    Size:Scott Medium
    Weight: under 2.5lb
    Frame alone retails for over $2000
    It's only been built up once and never seen the trail. It's in near mint condition.

The Fork is Rock shox SID Worldcup carbon fiber fork. Brand new.
    Weight: 2.6lb
    Fork alone retails for over $800

The frame and the fork are in one of my bedrooms, and are well cared for

I would like to build this up for somebody who wants a true dream bike, somebody who don't mind disc brakes, sombody who feel they deserve a lighter bike for their money. This bike retails for about $4000 and it still weigh over 20lb!! You most certainly deserve a lighter bike for that kind of money. I'm pretty sure I can get the weight down to 18-19.5lb range. If you've been shopping around for a super high end mtb(over $2000) and are interested, just let me know. I'll be able to build this up to your exact spec for a fraction of what you would normally pay.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    If it is anywhere near as sweet as that hardtail you were riding when I went out with you guys, someone is going to get a really sweet ride. At 6' and being a baby clydesdale, it would probably be to small for me, and I guess my next bike is going to be a roadie so I can keep working out so I can keep up with you guys next year.

BTW, to everyone else, Chris is a nice guy, and strikes me as a real straight shooter.

mtbr member

Orbea is nice, too

Yup, it definitely was a really tough decision. Orbea weighed .2lb heavier than the carbon fiber Scott. But the Orbea has the v-brake posts which allows me to go much lighter in the rear end than .2lb.

You coming riding with us tomorrow? I believe it is the last weekday ride of the season.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I'm afraid I won't be able to make it as I started a new job at work, and have meetings to attend in the afternoon. I do plan to be in much better shape by next season though. I jumped on the scale last night and was a bit surprised to see that I have dropped 10lbs. I had to check the scale and weigh myself again to be sure. I knew I had moved up a notch on my belt recently, but I wasn't thinking it was a 10lb loss. I wouldn't mind dropping another 20 or more by next season.

Members who have read this thread: 0