Thread: DH near DC?

Ancient Chinese Secret

DH near DC?

I will be in No. Va. (near Manassas/66) mid July and was wondering if there was any good DH in the area. Was considering driving out to Snowshoe or up to Diablo, but wanted some local advice. I probably won't have any ability to shuttle cause I'm on my own, unless I hook up with some locals, so lift-assisted is probably my best option. While I'm in pretty good shape, I'm not going to be doing a lot of climbing in DC area in mid-July. I guess Wisp and Seven Springs are also possibilities, but if I'm going to drive I'm guessing Snowshoe is better.

FYI, I ride all the normal stuff we have out here on the left coast, Whistler, North*, A-line, Dirt Merchant, Boondocks, etc....

Will also need to rent a bike, so suggestions on that are appreciated.
    Last edited by Swell Guy; 05-28-2010 at 10:38 AM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Go to Diablo. If you like A line and Dirt mechant than you would probably like Dominion at Diablo. It's a jump line like kinda like Aline only smaller.

Snowshoe has great DH trails but their jump trails are a little weak. Raging bull is pretty cool but two wooden jumps and a big wall ride is about it for that one. Snowshoe's a good place to ride lots of natural techy goodness but Diablo's closer and better if you're into jumping

If you're looking for a sick place go to Highland in NH. That place has the sickest man made stuff I've seen in the east coast.

Never been to Seven Springs or Wisp sorry
    I'm going to rob banks til I retire or get caught. Either way I'm set for life

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I've never been to wisp but i've hear it's pretty decent... Id say stay safe and do either snowshoe and diablo. +1 for what Homeless Junkie said

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Also +1 on homelessjunkie. Well put. Wisp has virtually zero jumping and a tortuously slow lift. Seven springs is fun and close. The jumps are nowhere near Diablo's caliber and there are limited # of runs, but its still fun. 7 springs is the closest to DC metro area worth driving to.