Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    16

    Coopers Rock (WV) At Last!

    Well, we finally made the move to Morgantown and were graciously taken out on our maiden ride by Crashedandburned. Thank you for taking the time out to show us around...it was friggin' awesome!

    I took a few pics along the way...
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    hmmmmm
    Reputation: AKA monkeyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    105
    Totally friggin awesome!

    Thanks for the tour, bro...

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,822
    Not a problem and look forward to riding w/ you guys again. Just sorry I had to put you to work like that.

    You did miss a good time at Davis. I'm sure ODN will be posting a write-up w/ pics today or tomorrow.

    BTW: That park I was tell you about that couldn't remember the name of is Quebec's Run. Just across the PA boarder there. I've not had a chance to make it up that ways yet.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    36
    great map of quebec run here:

    http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/Forestry...sQuebecRun.pdf

    it might be easiest to get off 68 at bruceton exit and use the parking lot at mill run trail. many nice loops originate from this area, and starting at the bottom instead of the top gets most of the climbing out of the way early.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,822
    Quote Originally Posted by jjmiller
    great map of quebec run here:

    http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/Forestry...sQuebecRun.pdf

    it might be easiest to get off 68 at bruceton exit and use the parking lot at mill run trail. many nice loops originate from this area, and starting at the bottom instead of the top gets most of the climbing out of the way early.

    Thanks for the map! Care to play tour guide sometime?

    I did look the place up on google maps and see a shorter route there from where we're at.

    SAffer? Wadda you guys say? I've got a friend up not far from there that might be interested as well.

    Davis, ODN? you guys up for it?

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by crashedandburned
    Thanks for the map! Care to play tour guide sometime?

    I did look the place up on google maps and see a shorter route there from where we're at.

    SAffer? Wadda you guys say? I've got a friend up not far from there that might be interested as well.

    Davis, ODN? you guys up for it?
    AKA Monkeyboy and I are in for some exploration

  7. #7
    West Virginia Cyclist
    Reputation: lalahsghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    64
    Wow, that looks nice. I just did Holly River State Park for the first time yesterday, so I may have to stretch out to motown soon~

  8. #8
    Because I am !
    Reputation: outdoornut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,307
    Quote Originally Posted by lalahsghost
    Wow, that looks nice. I just did Holly River State Park for the first time yesterday, so I may have to stretch out to motown soon~
    Coopers, Big Bear and Quebec Run are awesome, but don't forget Davis / Canaan Valley since they are pretty close to you, if you are around Buckhannon. Way, way better riding than Holly River. There's a bunch of good riding down around Huttonsville up on Cheat Mountain as well.

    ODN
    Caffeine ! "Do stupid things faster and with more energy" ! !

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,822
    BTW: That log pile was ripped out for the race!!!! All that hard work for nutten! I wouldn't have minded it so much if they would've taken that d@mn log at at the START of summer instead of the end of it. We had just built that up a wk or two before.
    Last edited by crashedandburned; 09-23-2009 at 07:43 AM.

  10. #10
    hmmmmm
    Reputation: AKA monkeyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    105
    That log(pile) would have caused chaos in the race, eh?

    Due to our poor lack of planning, we rode up jackhammer in almost pitch black last night.

    Man, it gets dark in the woods fast this time of year.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by AKA monkeyboy
    That log(pile) would have caused chaos in the race, eh?

    Due to our poor lack of planning, we rode up jackhammer in almost pitch black last night.

    Man, it gets dark in the woods fast this time of year.
    That was an interesting ride...we had already lost light by the time we hit Clay Furnace. The climb back up was tough but luckily not too slippery.

    It's time to fire up the lights after work...summer's sadly coming to an end.

  12. #12
    West Virginia Cyclist
    Reputation: lalahsghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by outdoornut
    Coopers, Big Bear and Quebec Run are awesome, but don't forget Davis / Canaan Valley since they are pretty close to you, if you are around Buckhannon. Way, way better riding than Holly River. There's a bunch of good riding down around Huttonsville up on Cheat Mountain as well.

    ODN
    Thanks for the suggestions~ Our team/club @ wesleyan has a bit of funds to take some trips this year so we'll head up to one of these soon!

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •